Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Job interview ettiquete
  • bikemonkey
    Free Member

I'm job hunting and am likely to get interviews in the next couple of weeks. My preference would be to book the days off as leave if I get enough notice, but we're a little short-handed at the moment. I'm afraid if I ask for the time off and get turned down, I'll then have to call in sick/say my car has broken down etc exactly when I'd asked for the time off. It's going to be pretty obvious what I'm up to.

The alternative is not to try to book the interviews off, but call in sick etc as and when required. This would also be a little obvious as I've not taken a day off sick in the 15 months I've been there and it will be clear if I get a job that I pulled a fast one (may have to do this even though it goes against my principles!)

What should I do?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A decent sickie is your friend. (Swine flu might help! 😉 )

Or, the other great option is this;

Go to work in the morning, knowing you have an interview in the afternoon. Feel "terrible" all morning long and go home at lunchtime. Go to your interview.

By going in, then going home, you haven't had a day off work! Which is nice.

cynic-al
    Free Member

tough one. I have generally not had issues lying to bosses in this situation, but only cos they'd treated me like crap first!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Job interview ettiquete’ is closed to new replies.