Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Jimmy Tarbuck arrested in child abuse inquiry
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

A colleague told me David Jason will be on the list shortly. That’s a shocker if true.

Many years ago one of his shows were using a place I worked as a set. Some of the girls (late teens/early twnties) were asked to be extras. A couple of them said they found him very creepy.

JCL
    Free Member

I’m gonna have no heros left at this rate.

konabunny
    Free Member

Eh? Did Tarbuck and Savile ever make political statements like that or is that just from the Big Book of Rudebwoy Bollocks, like the claim that Fatcha always patronized others and made a point of describing herself as a housewife?

konabunny
    Free Member

Jimmy might be wishing he’d opened up a tea room like his brother Sammy. He’s done really well, apparently.

epicyclo

How are the mighty fallen etc…

One concern is that the guys who were at it will know roughly the wheres and when so can fabricate alibis (apart from drug blasted rock gods 🙂 ), but how about someone who is innocent?

How do you remember precisely what you were doing and where you were 30 years ago to establish your innocence? And you do have to establish it because the moment your name is mentioned, you’re guilty in the public eye.

edlong
    Free Member

How do you remember precisely what you were doing and where you were 30 years ago to establish your innocence?

I’m pretty sure that the burden of proof in criminal cases is stacked in the other direction – the onus is on the prosecution to proof where someone was 30 years ago, and to do so beyond reasonable doubt, which indeed could be pretty tough with the passing of time.

crazant
    Free Member

What I can’t get my head round is the Ken Barlow case, some 61 year woman has been sat watching corrie for 45 years and then all of a sudden decides “Hey he raped me 45 years ago i best go to the police” something dosen’t stack up..I can’t remember where i was last week never mind 46 years ago ( mind you i’m only 44 so that would be difficult :))

I really don’t know Keith lemon gets away with what he does on Celeb Juice….Will Holly make a complaint in 40 years that he touched her bum….Its mad

BermBandit
    Free Member

Tell you whats mad crazant…. a society where am atmosphere has existed for 45 years where someone who has been the victim of one of the worst imaginable crimes agaisnt the person has not felt able to come forward and receive support and ultimately justice.

If there was only one good thing about Jimmy Savilles vile life, its that he has now created an environment where people are listening to these things and not just brushing them under the table. Think Stuart Hall….total denial, but eventually faced with a litany of complaints from people who could not possibly have compared notes and have delviered pretty much identical accounts of his behaviour he has been forced to cough to it. I hope he spends his remaining days in precisely the way he deserves, along with the rest of these callous twunts.

……and breathe

rudebwoy
    Free Member

spot on BB 👿

there are thousands of victims who will be empowered , it starts with the so called celebs, but i’m sure it will bring about long overdue cultural change regarding abuse of power.There will be many worried creeps, and so they should be……

konabunny
    Free Member

Thought so!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If there was only one good thing about Jimmy Savilles vile life, its that he has now created an environment where people are listening to these things and not just brushing them under the table.

So all his charity work , Stoke Mandeville hospital etc counts for nothing now does it ?

BermBandit
    Free Member

So all his charity work , Stoke Mandeville hospital etc counts for nothing now does it ?

Yep, call me old fashioned and I don’t know about you, but the fact he was using it as a way to access the vulnerable to satiate his own filthy desires does rather undermine its value IMHO. I guess that may well by why the trustees of the various charities concerned have chosen to wind them up quick sharp. Whatderyer reckon?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Well I’m sure that his name attached to any charity now is pretty crap but the fact remains that because of his charity work many people have benefited . I’m in no way defending his “other stuff”

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i agree with BB– these are devious people , who use all available smokescreens to hide their real intent– selfish in the worst possible way

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Charity is a strange one, they rely on publicity, so are never to slow to adopt celebs and the like– morality takes a distant priority.

in an ideal world, charity should not be covering for the shortfalls of the state– thats going back to victorianna and the deserving and undeserving…

BermBandit
    Free Member

because of his charity work many people have benefitedbeen exposed to abuse when they should have been protected and safe

FTFY

In fact to put it more bluntly, how many little boys or little girls whose lives have been ruined do you reckon is acceptable then? Where do you draw the balance…. are you really actually therefore saying that there is an equation where A = Abuse and £x = funds raised and is expressed as

A/£x = 0 ?????

Really??? Are you????

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You really are making a leap from what I said to get to what you just posted .
    There are people who would be worse off today if he had never lived , just as there are many whose lives have been ruined .

All your equations and question marks would be better addressed to God than me , I don’t make those decisions.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ramsey Neil – there is no god.

Its actually a made up story.

nealglover
    Free Member

Tarbuck- Davidson- Saville- very vocal in their support for capital punishment …..

You will need to drag up some proof of that statement.

Anything will do.

(Or you could ignore the request obviously)

grum
    Free Member

There are people who would be worse off today if he had never lived , just as there are many whose lives have been ruined .

Hmmm…. seems fairly possible he was using the charity work mainly as a shield against criticism of his behaviour (where have we seen that before?), and as a means of ‘access’ to vulnerable people. Not sure you can really argue there are many positives to be taken from that.

BermBandit
    Free Member

You really are making a leap from what I said to get to what you just posted .

No…. sorry I am not. Its very direct.

You are saying his charity work has benefited many, I and many others including the trustees of the very charities he founded are saying that he used it as a shield for his paedaphilia and to gain access to the vulnerable.

With that in mind I am simply asking if you are actually saying that there is a trade off between good works and evil ones that tips the scale? I rather hope you aren’t in fact.

My simplistic perspective, is that I’d would prefer that money had never been raised and that not one of his victims had suffered at his hands in return. That in my opinion would be the only satisfactory outcome.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I don’t understand why you must have a scale that needs tipping . He did good and he did bad , he will be remembered for the bad he did , which in most peoples opinion , mine included , massively outweighs the good .

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

crazant – Member
    What I can’t get my head round is the Ken Barlow case, some 61 year woman has been sat watching corrie for 45 years and then all of a sudden decides “Hey he raped me 45 years ago i best go to the police” something dosen’t stack up..I can’t remember where i was last week never mind 46 years ago ( mind you i’m only 44 so that would be difficult :))

I really don’t know Keith lemon gets away with what he does on Celeb Juice….Will Holly make a complaint in 40 years that he touched her bum….Its mad

Or just maybe his business partner (the one not convicted of rape.yet) at Ridings Publishing mentioned something to soften his punishment.

jonba
    Free Member

Yeah but something like being raped may be a bit harder to forget?

The cynic in me says it is people jumping on the bandwagon but it could simply be that the Saville cases have made people realise that they weren’t a one off and that something will be done.

nealglover
    Free Member

.I can’t remember where i was last week never mind 46 years ago

I’m thinking that maaaaaaaybe….. If you’d been raped, last week may have been a bit more easy to remember.

And being raped by someone who has been on prime time TV three times a week, every week, for the last 53 years, would keep it fairly fresh in your memory too.

Don’t you think ?

epicyclo

edlong – Member
    “How do you remember precisely what you were doing and where you were 30 years ago to establish your innocence?”
    I’m pretty sure that the burden of proof in criminal cases is stacked in the other direction – the onus is on the prosecution to proof where someone was 30 years ago, and to do so beyond reasonable doubt, which indeed could be pretty tough with the passing of time.

Agree, but they are being convicted in the public eye before any prosecution occurs. And I’m happy to see it happen to the creeps, and the more people who come forward the better because it strengthens the cases, but in those numbers there’s bound to be a few wrongful accusations. My concern is at what stage a name is made public – after one complaint or several corroborating ones?

Cougar

Difficult, isn’t it.

If someone comes forward with an allegation, and on that back of that other unconnected victims also come forward with corroborating stories, that’s probably enough to secure a conviction. One claim in isolation, probably not so. Which I guess justifies naming them when they’re accused. Bit of a sod to be dragged through the mud if you’re innocent though.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Jimmy Tarbuck arrested in child abuse inquiry’ is closed to new replies.