• This topic has 40 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Jimmy Savile – I didn't think it could get any worse…
  • wwaswas

and then it turns out it was worse.

He told a Broadmoor nurse that he sexually defiled the bodies and posed dead men and women togther before taking photographs.

The prolific paedophile also claimed he would often ‘muck about’ in the mortuary of Leeds General Infirmary at night.

Jimmy Savile boasted of stealing glass eyes from the dead and having them made into jewellery, report reveals.

also victims ranged from 5-75 and he did this in 28 separate hospitals.

I don’t believe in hell but sometimes I hope there’s consequences beyond this life for people.

sharkattack

This is unbelievable. I can’t wait for the biopic.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have been struggling with what to post, if anything. Firstly, thanks for sharing this. I am not sure this is actually worse. Defiling a dead person is gross but at least they can feel no pain or suffer further. I very much hope that all these revelations mean we never again allow a famous person to get away with such things as a result of their celebrity. That we no longer turn a blind eye.

DT78
    Free Member

This stuff is so bad I am starting to think it must be made up, surely no one is that depraved?

wwaswas

you’re right jambalaya, it’s worse in a ‘he didn’t?’ way but for the victims who were alive when they were abused the results were life changing and ongoing.

full reports are all here;

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/nhs-and-department-of-health-investigations-into-jimmy-savile

no doubt the details will be reported during the next day or two.

tomhoward

This stuff is so bad I am starting to think it must be made up

I’ve been starting to think this, from the above, 28 different hosptials? And where is this ‘jewelery? Either that is a CIA/area 51 level of cover up, or it never happened.

Don’t get me wrong, he was a very bad man and everyone accepts that, I just dont think we need to pore over every last detail in the media.

MoreCashThanDash

I agree I’m not sure that this voyeuristic level of detail is a good idea.

A relative has worked at Stoke Mandeville for 30 odd years. She always referred to Savile as a horrible man, now we finally know why. But i also wonder whether she tried to report what she knew or suspected.

shermer75
    Free Member

I remember hearing rumours about about this kind of thing years ago, but I assumed it was all made up. Then all the paedo stuff came out, which made me think twice. If it did happen though, how did he get away with it? I mean, was he really THAT big of a celebrity?!?!!

the-muffin-man

was he really THAT big of a celebrity?!?!!

At the time yes.

wwaswas

how did he get away with it?

This is the thing.

Everyone knew and very few said.

They were afraid, embarrassed, thought they wouldn’t be believed, ashamed. All sorts of reasons and those that did say anything were dismissed.

One of the reports says ‘he was a skilled manipulator of people’ – he used this skill to win people over who were in authority as well as choose and silence his victims.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s all very hard to take in, but I urge you to read this and do your research; the case is watertight:

What Jimmy Savile really did…

Above all else, the part of greatest significance is Haut de La Garenne in Jersey;

Why is it that the UK Home Secretary, Theresa May, authorised the withdrawal of Leah McGrath Goodman’s visa in 2011, when she was set to investigate Child Abuse on the island of Jersey, which is a Crown Dependency of the Queen and the worlds wealthiest offshore tax shelter

brooess
    Free Member

I remember hearing rumours about about this kind of thing years ago, but I assumed it was all made up. Then all the paedo stuff came out, which made me think twice. If it did happen though, how did he get away with it? I mean, was he really THAT big of a celebrity?!?!!

I also remember these rumours too – 15/20 years ago…

We have a senior manager at work who shows a lot of the signs of a psychopath and it’s very widely known she’s a problem but it’s interesting how a) effective her rather amateurish attempts at manipulation are and b) how reluctant people are do admit she’s a problem and stand up to her.

IME, because psychopaths have absolutely no limit to their behaviour, they can be very tricky to pin down, very tricky to confront and very tricky to get people to stand up to them (people are terrified they’ll turn on them if they do speak out.

That’s why they get to positions of great power and why they get away with so much, and do so much damage to the world around them… they’re almost inhuman in their lack of connection with the usual facets of behaviour.

Bob Hare is the best book to read on the subject

totalshell

ok, let me tell you where i am with this.

i believe JS was a bit bonkers he pestered and harrassed virtually every female he came into contact with ( i personally witnessed this whilst a patient with him when he had his heart op in leeds) HOWEVER ( which is really a big BUT)

for posthumously claims to be made that he had personal acess to the morturaies of 28 hospitals and visited them alone and took photographs /defiled the dead removed glass eyes and made jewellery from them.. come on..do you can you imagine a set of circumstances that would lead to that.. equally those that bore witness to these events what part did they play, why did they remain silent for all these years..

fin25
    Free Member

It’s amazing how people like this warp everything around them. I work in Children’s homes in Leicester and have worked with people who worked with Frank Beck (Wikipedia entry). These people get away with it by bringing everyone in with them, making everyone complicit. They create a culture of abuse where things which seem absolutely insane in reality become totally normal in their world. Abusers win through the cowardice and weakness of others.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

In my dealings with one unpleasant bloke, I gained an insight into how manipulative he was. Careers threatened, that sort of thing. Now he wasn’t actually much good at what he tried to do, and got moved on. There will be a range of such people, and I’ll credit JS with being one of the worst, and most successful at what he set out to do.

And I wonder if people and organisitions still want to keep the truth under the carpet.

onandon
    Free Member

Didn’t Louis Theroux make a documentary with jimmy a few years ago.
    It would be interesting to rewatch that now after everything that’s come to light.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Is easy to forget how “pre internet” it was almost impossible for anyone to be heard without going via offically sanctioned media.

Made it far easier to stifle any whistle blowers than it would be now, and also this was all before the days of reality TV, the lure to the average person of being associatd with a TV personality was massive.

fin25
    Free Member

Also, when working with severely autistic adults, myself and a colleague witnessed our supervisor brazenly abusing a young resident (details are unnecessary, but it involved outdoor, public nudity in November). The scariest part was that my colleague, although in agreement that it was a despicable thing to do, had no intention of reporting the incident and was less than impressed when I reported it. I also got the impression that I was not the first person to see this sort if thing, why would someone be so brazen if they thought someone would report it?
    Abuse is a culture and people in that culture can often take years to understand what they have been witness to.
    I’m not saying all this stuff about Savile happened or didn’t happen, but I have witnessed first hand the sort of culture that allows it to happen and seen people realise years after events that they should probably speak up…

globalti
    Free Member

Reading all this I get a strong feeling that you could substitute Mr Jimmy Saville for Roman Catholic Father X and find a parallel story. People in positions of power have always and will continue to abuse the respect they receive; there’s nothing new about it. In some ways Saville was a sort of priest, officially celibate (as far as I know he wasn’t married or in a relationship) and able to influence people’s lives through his words and actions and the privileged position he enjoyed. The act of presenting a radio or TV show is a performance for adoring fans, much in the same way as saying a mass is a performance for believers.

phead
    Free Member

The problem is it has all become a blur between real and imagined. Someone of the people who said they were abused are 100% fake, they were not at the locations they claimed to be, official records and eye witnesses prove this.

At this stage I doubt we will ever know the truth.

wwaswas

I remember when this program was first aired, it disturbed me at the time that he was presenting this to the world as who he was when so much was obviously being held back but being alluded to;

http://www.channel4.com/news/how-jimmy-savile-revealed-all-in-the-psychiatrists-chair

MrWoppit
    Free Member

surely no one is that depraved

I am starting to think it must be made up

The key words in the OPs post are that Saville “told”, “claimed” and “boasted”.

He was a twisted individual so its quite possible he thought he was making a joke, or he was just saying it to shock.

chewkw
    Free Member

OP,

That’s one reason why individuals should not be worshiped just because they are famous or celebrities. Bear in mind, most are parasitic oxygen abusers so treat them like one regardless of whether they “told”, “claimed” or “boasted”.

🙄

Edit: I would like to try Saville’s skull against the Fijian war club.

vinnyeh

Woppit hits the nail on the head.
    No checks or controls and we’re really little more than vicious animals topped off with a layer of civility.

project
    Free Member

JS will probably be only the first to be caught for his dispicable behaviour, many more will follow, yet those who knew and allowed or brushed the abuse under the carpet will still be in positions of authority or be retired on high pensions.

ninfan
    Free Member

Can I just comment that I find it a bit strange that, supposedly

“This witness [said] Savile claimed that, when it was quiet at night at the infirmary, he visited the mortuary and interfered with the bodies of deceased patients at the infirmary, including claiming to have performed sex acts on the bodies.”

the witness was apparently a Broadmoor nurse

Now, I first remember hearing the exact same tales from Leeds residents a clear fifteen years ago, and it had been going round there for ever – it just all seems a bit lurid and convenient that jimmy personally said almost exactly the same thing as the rumours that were going around all that time ago, to a bloke three hundred miles away?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

If you look at the scandals at both the north wales children’s homes and knowl view school in rochdale, both investigations suddenly stopped at the point where questions began to be asked about who was visiting the places , there was also the cincorra school in irelenad where boys were rented out to mps. Add to this the fact that saville was rubbing shoulders with royalty and having coffee mornings with the south yorkshire police at the same as some of this was going on , and at the same time that the police had built up a profile of him as possibly fitting the persona for the yorkshire ripper and it beginns to feel like a cover up. maybe to protect people above him ?

slowoldman

This is unbelievable. I can’t wait for the biopic.

Starring…?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’d still like to know the background to these pics:

jambourgie
    Free Member

on and on – Member
    Didn’t Louis Theroux make a documentary with jimmy a few years ago.
    It would be interesting to rewatch that now after everything that’s come to light.

Now then…

[video]http://vimeo.com/52520464[/video]

hora
    Free Member

Be interesting to rewatch that as at the time I remember it being quite uncomfortable and abit weird.

bombjack
    Free Member

Abit weird? The dude was a complete nutter! Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but come on, how the hell did people put him in a position of trust? During the Theroux docu he come across as being manipulative, obsessive, repulsive little man. There are so many unanswered questions about who knew what, and the sad part is the individuals who never got believed.
    Makes you wonder who’s going to be exposed in 20-30 years time…

TPTcruiser

It’s the knighthood bit that jars. Surely there must have been some vetting, checking up on rumours to a small extent at least. The weight of the money he raised counted for everything at the time I guess.

warton
    Free Member

the mortuary rumours have been around for years. to paraphrase Jerry Sadowitz’s impression of Saville, “I’ve had sex with hundreds of boys, but don’t worry, all of them were white, and most of them were dead”

hora
    Free Member

Seriously? One comment to a nurse can be a quip.

IF there was any basis no one would let him wander down to the morgue if they thought he was pleasuring himself over bodies.

Kryton57

I find the article that jivehoneyjive linked to worrying but not unbelievable.

Hora ^^ not if you feared the power of the man and his associates maybe?

In that Theroux interview there’s

a) a bit where the Director stays up late with Saville, and he admits to tying up people in his Dancehall boiler room IIRC, and even then the police telling him to be careful with what he was doing – on camera. That comes across even more chilling.

b) Another bit where (in relation to his wrestling ability) he describes himself as the “fear of every school across the land” – he laughs it off as a joke when Theroux tries to entertain the comment, but blimey in the current light isnt that a worry eh?

warton
    Free Member

IF there was any basis no one would let him wander down to the morgue if they thought he was pleasuring himself over bodies.

yeah, and no one would allow him to be around vulnerable kids if they knew what he did to them would they? oh hold on, they did give him access didn’t they?

so whats the difference?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Jimmy Savile – I didn't think it could get any worse…’ is closed to new replies.