Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Jimmy Saville content
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I didn’t know whether to post this at the time as I didn’t really know what to make of it….I did laugh at the time though..

A few weeks ago a Sikh was invited in to my sons class ( year 6, so 11 year olds ) to give a talk. I first knew of it when my son comes home and casually says over tea ” we had a Sikh come and talk to us today, guess what he said “?
    Me ” dunno, tell me “
    Son ” after he was telling us about how he was bullied as a child and its a bad thing he said that God gave us our hands to do good things with, not like Jimmy Saville.” ….wtf…

Thoughts…

Wrong forum..mods please change..

higgo
    Free Member

What a strange thing to post on here.

I am an atheist but have spoken with a number of people from a number of religions over the years. The most humane was a Sikh I got talking to at a bus stop.

samuri
    Free Member

I think the point was the chap had identified Jimmy as a bad man even then.

As for Sikh’s though, my understanding was it was one of the better religions. Women are treated equally, men get to carry knives and as long as they don’t eat and drink the bad things they can just get on with their lives.

tymbian
    Free Member

How many kids went home that evening and said to their mum or dad, ” who’s Jimmy Saville “?

djglover
    Free Member

Related, but this company might want to think about a rebranding now then

http://www.modernmix.co.uk/

hora
    Free Member

In all my life I’ve never had a bad word to say about a Sikh. I can speak alot of Punjabi too.

wrecker
    Free Member

In all my life I’ve never had a bad word to say about a Sikh.

Me neither. Mind you, I’ve met some damn (!) fine Muslims, Jews, Christians and buddhists too.

djglover
    Free Member

But I’ve never met a nice south african?

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve never met a bad sikh but I’ve met some very nasty Christians, Jews and Muslims.

highclimber
    Free Member

Son ” after he was telling us about how he was bullied as a child and its a bad thing he said that God gave us our hands to do good things with, not like Jimmy Saville.” ….wtf…

Or even Hardeep Singh-kholi

“Kohli, 43, is still dealing with his spectacular fall from grace. In 2009, he was suspended from The One Show for “inappropriate behaviour” towards a female production colleague”

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve also met some really shit atheists/agnostics.

boxelder

Sorry, but I’m struggling to see what this has with any religion (beyond the fact that it was the reason the fella was in the school I presume). Do we just all get to voice our opinions on various religions now?
    I know quite a few old Methodists – they’re invariably fair-minded, hard-working and have wives that can bake well……..can’t handle their ale though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But I’ve never met a nice south african?

I have.

When I say met, I mean I was in the crowd. That met him. In Wembley. Stadium

wrecker
    Free Member

I think he was joking Ernie. A satirical TV program once produced a song called “I’ve never met a nice South African” or some such. It wasn’t aimed at the Mandela types. It was directed at the other lot.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think he was joking Ernie.

Thanks for the tip 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Thats ok. Happy to help. 😉

tymbian
    Free Member

Catholic priests aren’t very popular either and as for the whereabouts of the Nazi gold that wasn’t theirs in the first place..

stanfree
    Free Member

**** random post 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

I dunno, Nazis vs Hindus could make for a great movie with possible game spin off.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When I say met, I mean I was in the crowd. That met him. In Wembley. Stadium

Me too. “For ten dickheads now, we have been struggling…” 😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think some family members of those murdered by the ANC might disagree about Mandela being nice. 😐

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As a point of fact, I don’t think ‘God’ laid down any age limits for consensual sex, although the Catholic Church seem to think 12, so, without knowing the details of Saville’s case, how do we know he didn’t do what ‘God’ would have wanted?

Just saying.

Edit: Unless of course they were boys. In which case Saville should burn in hell for eternity like all other homosexuals (Note: not my views, I love some homosexuals, mainly pretty young females ones).

MoreCashThanDash

Until the mid 1800s, iirc there wasn’t an age limit in the UK for consensual sex, and ours is higher than several countries around the world.

(Not defending Saville, just drunk and pedantic. Probably time to go to bed….)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Jimmy Saville content’ is closed to new replies.