Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Jets circling Richmond N Yorks
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Every night this week there’s been fast jets (F15s I think) flying wide orbits around town.

Anyone have any idea why?

I kind iof guessed they might be doing something in conjunction with the Army on Catterick ranges, but there are no combat manoeuvres, just circling at about 1000ft.

Strange. Cool at first, getting slightly annoying now.

willjones
    Free Member

Had something well fast and well loud and well low over Leeds heading that way on er… Thurs pm last week. No idea what it was, but I filled my pants and hid under a bush. Good luck.

scaredypants

sure they’re not migs ?

project
    Free Member

Putins airforce practising

shaggy

Lizards dude. LIZARDS.

survivor

It’s started!

Extremely low flying tornado over hamsterley today heading south.

I’m off to get my bug out kit, crossbow and camp kit and wait it out in the woods

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Seen Tornados @ Hamsterley pretty often.

Makes you wonder if our forces are quietly getting ready for a bigger rumble “over there”….

5thElefant
    Free Member

Migs.

Had the raf do a flyby the other day in fighters. They had propellers. 😯

piemonster

Putins airforce practising

Considering his cruise missiles missed their target by two whole countries (allegedly, on CNN) maybe not that far fetched.

😀

scotroutes

Operation Joint Warrior. Takes place twice a year.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I heard something loud fly over Ripon yesterday, maybe Tuesday. looked out the window & I think it was a Tornado, heading north-east. just one mind, don’t they usually fly in pairs?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

2 flew over Saltburn late this afternoon. Low and very loud. the dog was startled. Couldn’t make out if they were Russian or not.

everyone
    Free Member

Couldn’t make out if they were Russian or not.

I thought they were going their normal pace to be honest.

trademark
    Free Member

^^^ 😆

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

😀

project
    Free Member

Considering his cruise missiles missed their target by two whole countries (allegedly, on CNN) maybe not that far fetched

americans missed the enemy and hit a hospital killing many patients and staff, and they dont have a very good record of not killing their allies

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A crow (or maybe a rook) flew over our garden today at about 25-30ft. Craak craak craak. Noisy git.

We get loads of Typhoons & Tornados going over too, singles, pairs, all sorts.

timidwheeler

Surely CRONK

jate
    Free Member

Very low flying Tornado over our house at lunchtime today (other side of A66 from Barnard Castle). Mrs Jate was getting shopping out of car at the time and expressed her surprise in her customary manner. I don’t think the pilot heard mind you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Surely CRONK

Naa, crows & rooks can’t pronounce the letter ‘N’. Not sure about ravens but it wasn’t one of those.

darkcove

There’s a detachment of German Tornados at nearby RAF Leeming at the moment for some war games

scotroutes

kelvin

Yup, one flew low over Calderdale today. Far louder than normal, so really going for it.

piemonster

americans missed the enemy and hit a hospital killing many patients and staff, and they dont have a very good record of not killing their allies

Not sure why you brought the Septics into this. But you’re quite correct. They do however at least kill people in the right countries, even if they’re the wrong people. Well usually

dragon
    Free Member

Difference is US hit what they wanted too, the airstrike was called in by their ground troops. Russia completely missed their target allegedly.

Anyway Scotroutes answered the original question above.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Jets circling Richmond N Yorks’ is closed to new replies.