Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jersey with an MTB, anything interesting?
  • grtdkad

I’m off to jersey at the end of the month for a few days, I may be able to get a few hours out on my own… is it worth the palaver of loading my bike etc on the car? any interesting trails out there to explore?
    Or perhaps consider a local hire?

Any route recommendations or links available?

philstone

Yep, we ride all of the cliff paths (MBUK commented that we had some of the best singletrack in Europe a few years ago)

There’s also some decent runs through some of the woods.

sgn23
    Free Member

I’m taking the Fat Bike this summer. At low tide I’m going to ride around most of the island on the beaches (Gorey to L’etacq)
    The cliff paths are very steep and undulating, I doubt you get much flow. You can easily find better riding in the UK with the exception that you do get some amazing sea views.
    I’d hire something rather than go to the faff of taking my bike just for the cliff paths. Try Big Maggy’s.
    Sounds like you’re going over with Condor Ferries -good luck!

nickc

MBUK commented that we had some of the best singletrack in Europe a few years ago

TBF They say that about pretty much everywhere 😆

philstone

Second the Condor – make sure you book the Clipper overnight.. Longer but it will make the crossing, unlike the Liberation.. (Condor’s high speed ferry, new last year, but has broken down more times than the previous 2 ferries!)

Kamakazie

Most of the cliff paths are very rideable though the best ones are cheeky.
    The Western ones are most flowy with less steps than the Eastern ones.

Many have adjacent bridleways which are also very rideable.
    Couple of woods have decent riding in too, Greve in particular though there’s not lots of routes.

My favourite sections would be Devils Hole to Grosnez and Corbiere to St Brelade.

benp1

Hire bikes are always faster than normal bikes right? http://www.jerseybikehire.co.uk/category/mountain-bikes#BodyContent

Will it cost more to have your bike with you? Sometimes ferries charge more if they’re on top or on the back?

Kamakazie

In fact if you’ve got a half day, you could do the full loop from Devils Hole to St Brelade (via a bit of easy riding along St Ouens Bay).

Picks up most of the best beaches, plenty of WW2 bunkers, a couple of other defensive towers and some great riding.

lardman
    Free Member

Go see Aaron @http://www.aaronsbikes.com/

He knows his way around the good trails there. Been doing it for quite a few years now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Jersey with an MTB, anything interesting?’ is closed to new replies.