Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jeremy Vine again. Anyone seen this?
  • welshfarmer

I feel he may be starting to see where many cyclists are coming from 🙂

I have started cycling again after a long period off my bike. My theory about city cycling is, so long as you keep yourself and others safe, the key way to enjoy it is never to be upset by the behaviour of other road users. So I (almost) enjoyed this encounter today with a pensioner who pulled out into my path as I filmed on my helmet-camera, but then gave me a long lecture about … well, watch and see what the lecture was about. If he is watching this I send best wishes.**Technical point: the light I use is a 400-lumen Joystick Mk8 from Exposure. It retailed at £160. The Mk9 is 750 lumens (incredibly), and is only about £110. I am slightly embarrassed by the power when he is up close, but it was on my helmet and I didn't think to dim it during the conversation. It is a superb bike light. The reader who asked about the horn, yes, it is the AirZound and so long as you don't mind pumping it with air once a week it is very effective: http://www.airzound.co.uk/ **

Posted by The Jeremy Vine on Tuesday, December 1, 2015

AD

Probably a lesson in there somewhere about raising ‘Devil’s Advocate’ to its highest level on his show 🙂 It just encourages muppetry like this.
    Maybe he can have a segment about it in tomorrows show…

phiiiiil

He almost certainly was insured through the public liability bit of his home insurance.

Given how cheap home insurance is compared to car insurance I wonder how the proportion of uninsured cyclists and drivers actually compares…

mikerigby

Can’t wait till the grumpy gits find something else to moan about and get off the backs of cyclists. Boring me now!

aracer
    Free Member

As I’ve commented before, it seems likely there is a higher proportion of uninsured drivers.

flybywire
    Free Member

Not excusing the driver of the Citroen mpv but Jeremy appeared to just have a helmet light on this has “not be seen” implications.. When the bike’s going over the crossroads looking left and right at the same time as the mpv started to indicate to pull out the driver from the right hand side of the road even looking over their shoulder and checking neatside mirror may have not seen the bike without a front facing bike mounted light because of the cyclists head movements.
    The following actions from both parties are unnecessary imo, especially the car left across the road and the helmet light is quite intimidating.
    Could be a set up for a discussion point following todays phone in topic

slackalice
    Free Member

Could be definitely a set up for a discussion point following todays phone in topic

Given his style of red-top ‘journalism’. I’ll do all I can not to listen to his radio show. And has completely destroyed my enjoyment of Strictly this year. Who can I write a stern letter to?

aracer
    Free Member

It does, but to some extent even the driving is irrelevant – the important bit is the way the driver then goes off on a completely incorrect rant.

flybywire
    Free Member

Didn’t listen to the sound – picked up on what was apparent in the video. Doesn’t surprise about the drivers response, poor kids in car.

aracer
    Free Member

Well there’s not actually any original sound, just commentary from Jeremy on what the bloke was ranting about.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Vine again. Anyone seen this?’ is closed to new replies.