Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson, friend of Dave. Takes over the news a day after the strikes….
  • brooess
    Free Member

I was talking with a mate tonight about last week’s kerfuffle and we came to a conclusion:

1. George came out with some really bad economic news on day 1, knowing it would get drowned out of the media agenda the next day, when the strikes were on.
    2. Strikes owned the media agenda for day two, with polls showing 60% public support.
    3. Day 3, J Clarkson (friend of Dave) comes out with a deliberately provocative comment, playing straight at the Unions who are always angry about everything, especially Tories, Unionts took the bait, got enraged and took their own story about the strikes off the front pages. The story became about JC being a big-mouthed idiot instead.

You can imagine the Police when the Union lawyers tried to get them to investigate. ‘Investigate a close friend of my ultimate boss, get real!’….

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I think it’s more likely that he’s a gobshite, rather than a political pawn

nealglover
    Free Member

Not this again 🙄

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve always thought that true evil really needs intelligence, and there your theory seems to fall down.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think….

5lab

What on earth could they have charged him with? Expressing an opinion?

Strikes would have dropped off the papers after 2 days anyway. If anything the comments kept it ‘current’ longer than would otherwise have happened

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You lot still going on about this? Read what was actually said & get a grip.. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What on earth could they have charged him with? Expressing an opinion?

Expressing an opinion like these people ?

http://www.teachersolidarity.com/blog/more-teacher-trade-unionists-murdered-in-colombia/

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member
    You lot still going on about this? Read what was actually said & get a grip..

People would rather have something to moan about.

If they read what was “Actually” said then they wouldn’t be able to moan.

Far easier to believe the soundbite they were spoon fed by the press and moan about it 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It must be a hard life when you can’t drink alcohol or fruit juice 😐

brooess
    Free Member

The point of the post isn’t to re-hash it, but to see if anyone else thinks it’s a likely scenario.
    Not that JC is a political pawn either, the whole thing was him doing a favour for his mate…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If they read what was “Actually” said then they wouldn’t be able to moan.

I read his apology……what was that all about ?

nealglover
    Free Member

I read his apology……what was that all about ?

Not sure what your point is ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It must be a hard life when you can’t drink alcohol or fruit juice

I know; I mean, what do you order in pubs? 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not sure what your point is ?

Difficult one eh ?

Let me try to be more specific …….why did he apologise ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

possible for sure brooess. I doubt either of them are cleaver enough tho

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Could it be possible he was joking?

Having seen the full clip, it wasn’t half as dramatic as all the fuss would have you believe.

I thought it was more about the BBC’s wishy-washy, sit on fence attitudes, but the folks who’d just had a day off shopping thought it was all about them.

nealglover
    Free Member

…Let me try to be more specific …….why did he apologise ?

I know what you mean, it was ridiculous wasn’t it !?

There was nothing to apologise for at all.

Just an out of context soundbite that the press used to their own advantage, to fool people who are too lazy to find out for themselves what really happened.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was just making a joke about the BBC’s need to be impartial.

And the need for impartiality must really piss Clarkson off. A lot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no he is one of the most well balanced and open minded fellas on the planet its just you are such a lefty you cant see it DD.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you are such a lefty you cant see it DD.

🙂

You’re most probably right JY.

johnners
    Free Member

I started by saying I supported the strikers

Really? I thought Clarkson said he liked that the London roads were empty and he could “zip” about. Hardly the most fulsome support for the striker’s cause I’ve seen.

nealglover
    Free Member

Really? I thought Clarkson said he liked that the London roads were empty and he could “zip” about. Hardly the most fulsome support for the striker’s cause I’ve seen.

Really trying hard to find things to complain about.

LoCo
    Free Member

Suggested this last week on the other thread, although I was wearing my tinfoil hat at the time.

After the much piublisized Labour ‘spin doctors’ the Conservatives seem to be ‘spinning’ at more quitely, which makes me a tad suspicious

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As are you trying to defend a cock like Clarkson. He didn’t say he supported the strikers. So, now he’s a lying cock on top of everything else.

D0NK

I started by saying I supported the strikers.

cobblers

Nice theory Brooess but as with other conspiracy stuff you may be overestimating the governments intelligence/ability

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t know how you’re understanding my comment to be a complaint, I just don’t agree with the fatuous excuse that Clarkson’s idiocy was somehow “balanced”.

nealglover
    Free Member

As are you trying to defend a cock like Clarkson…….

I’m not trying to defend him, I think he’s unfunny and I don’t like him at all.

But what I like less, are the people who jump up and down and complain a lot when they read/hear a totally out of context quote.

Then when the context is explained, they say “oh well he’s a cock anyway” as if this somehow cancels out their initial mistake and makes them correct again.

🙄

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Clarkson isn’t as daft as I thought – how much will all that free publicity be worth to his christmas dvd sales?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

He keeps chucking the line out & you lot keep biting..

God if some of you were fish you would never have made back it to the spawning ground..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Then when the context is explained, they say “oh well he’s a cock anyway” as if this somehow cancels out their initial mistake and makes them correct again.

Who said that? I mean, yeah, he is a massive cock who said something really ill-judged. Because without a script, he doesnt really have a clue. And now he’s looking even sillier with a cocked-up apology, or whatever you call it. Why are you so keen to ensure we all take a cock like Clarkson’s words in context?

nealglover
    Free Member

….Why are you so keen to ensure we all take a cock like Clarkson’s words in context?

Eh ? Are you saying you would rather take them out of context ?

And be led along like a muppet by the Media that want you to see things their way ??

Maybe a more important question would be :

Why were the “shocked Media” were so keen to make sure people saw them without context ??

scuzz
    Free Member

I feel suggesting that people only have room in their heads for one topic of news at a time gives false power to the press.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know what you mean, it was ridiculous wasn’t it !?

There was nothing to apologise for at all.

So you don’t know either ? …….. that’s two of us then.

Perhaps someone should ask him to explain his apology ? 💡

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Eh ? Are you saying you would rather take them out of context ?

And be led along like a muppet by the Media that want you to see things their way ??

Nope, I very quickly found out what he said and hey, what he said didn’t demonstrate impartiality in the slightest but still made him sound like a cock – which to be fair, he is – a massive one. So, no, I haven’t found myself led along like a muppet by the clever media. I decided all by myself many years ago that he’s a massive cock.

So I ask again, why are you so keen that I take Clarkson’s comments in context? What is it about him that makes you care so much?

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit fanciful Brooess.

But on a tangent, The Sun actually carried a pro-union story today.

GMB members who are pub landlords whistleblowing about pressure from pub operators to pour pints short.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson, friend of Dave. Takes over the news a day after the strikes….’ is closed to new replies.