Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Jenkin Crag + Windermere inversion shots
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member
    Nezbo
    Free Member

SFB that top pic is amazing 🙂 well done fella

toons
    Free Member

Amazing photos, I miss that place sooooooooooooooo much.

See you photo 'Upper Windermere’; I used to live in the house on the far right, the one with the 3 garages (it's split into 3 houses) 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB that top pic is amazing

pure luck I assure you!

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Some great photos and looks like you all had a great time 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and looks like you all had a great time

as is standard for a Bog Trotter ride :o)

tandemwarriors

Very nice.
    Not quite as good a photo, but I take your Windermere cloud inversion, and I raise you a Loch Long cloud inversion, taken from the trail up to the Cobbler.

Rob

grumm
    Free Member

Amazing pics Simon.

Rob what's the biking like on the Cobbler – got any routes/gpx files for round there? Bit in the pic looks good. 🙂

tandemwarriors

Grumm,
    rest of the pics here will give you an idea. Route for the Cobbler is about as straight-forward as it gets: Follow path up from carpark. 3 hours later stop at the top, admire view, recover. Turn round and return to carpark (in significantly less than 3 hrs!!!!)

Well worth doing. The steps are a real challenge. I managed only a few bits, but Stewart (white Fox helmet & Orange 5) cleared the lot.

jedi

sublime

grumm
    Free Member

Nice one tandemwarriors – ta.

DavidM
    Free Member

Simon – Was planning on heading up to Torver tomorow for a bit of riding in Dunnerdale and Walna scar. The press tell me that i will certainly die trying to drive there, are the roads really that bad? Ta

Those pictures look amazing by the way

tandemwarriors

No worries Grumm. If you go for it one day just shout up if you want company. Its only 45 mins for us from Dunoon to Arrochar, and we don't need much of an excuse to do the cobbler again!

Rob

anc
    Free Member

DavidM Torver side should be ok, but the non main roads are pretty bad at the mo, temp not due to rise for a few days so I can't see them improving for a bit.
    looks like this the other side in seathwaite!!

Woohoo!! 😀

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Doesn't look like an inversion to me. The top of the low-lying cloud is too irregular, and there's higher cloud above it too.

Nice pics either way!

DavidM
    Free Member

anc – thanks a lot. Think the Newfield might have to come as the mid ride pub stop then.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The press tell me that i will certainly die trying to drive there, are the roads really that bad? Ta

our lot cancelled a Grizedale ride on Sunday and probably won't do one this Wednesday in Elterwater either. I don't drive so I can hardly comment

The press tell me that i will certainly die trying to drive there, are the roads really that bad? Ta

I bow to your greater knowledge, I thought it had to be inversion as it was so cold low down and milder higher up…

snakebite
    Free Member

We were staying in Coniston over the weekend and were lucky to get out on Sunday….roads were shockingly ace!

Simon-cheers for the route 'heads up' dad/dentist were great, Fox superb, Claiffe was most excellent too. We also sneaked Carron Crag in twice…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon-cheers for the route 'heads up'

did you mean me ? I forget 🙂 But yes, it's funny I often see Grizedale slagged off for the NFT, but it has so many wonderful trails…

snakebite
    Free Member

yes sir 😀 and the fire and beer stop in the Kings Arms at Hawkshead was just the tonic!!!!

grumm
    Free Member

No worries Grumm. If you go for it one day just shout up if you want company. Its only 45 mins for us from Dunoon to Arrochar, and we don't need much of an excuse to do the cobbler again!

Rob

Cool thanks – my brother is moving up to Drymen area so I am hoping to do quite a bit up there at some point.

I've been up to Staveley today and the main road is fine though snowy in places – only one lane clear on much of the dual carrageway from Crooklands. The road to Staveley was covered in snow but passable in a normal car – wandered a bit further up the lane towards the BW to Longsleddale and it looked like 4×4 only territory to me, as did the road to Kentmere.

clareymorris

Great photos – really give a good feel for the ride and the weather!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Jenkin Crag + Windermere inversion shots’ is closed to new replies.