Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jekyll owners – what's the verdict?
  • Garry_Lager

Anyone riding one of the Jekylls from 2011 onwards? Been thinking of one for ages and might try to get a 2012 4 in a sale. Any feedback on how awesome your bike is?
    Interested to know what they’re like for the longer rides – if anyone has one as their sole bike and just does everything on it. Also, the fork spec on the 4 seems pretty average – does the sektor pass muster or is it in need of an immediate upgrade?

Garry_Lager

Bump

loddrik
    Free Member

Can you get a lefty on it?

Rorschach
    Free Member

The hs bearings are integrated into the headtube.You can’t even get an angleset in it 🙁 Which is a shame ,it being a little steep.

redbike26
    Free Member

Got offered a dream deal price recently on a virually unused demo 2012 Jekyll 1 Carbon. Was’nt thinking of a change but rode it a few times, loved it and bought it. After 2 months hard riding its proven itself time after time and I would not want to change it. Personally speaking I’d say its improved my riding no end. I can ride faster, steeper and longer meaning I really enjoy my cycling again and want to go out more than ever before. The adjustable Triad rear shock, although tricky to set up initially, works seamlessly and offers hardtail-like technical climbing one minute with fast, plush descending the next. The frame is light and stiff, the gear change and ratios – Shimano/SRAM 2 x10 – are faultless, and the brakes – Avid Elixir CR’s – are superb. The bike has a few nice features, apart from the 90/150mm travel rear end, which were new to me and add to the whole thing. The first has to be the Reverb seatpost which, with remote control on the bars, makes light work of changing your position whilst on the move. The second is the Multi-Release function on the Shimano XT shifter. I’m a big fan of it now, and use it all the time. It’s very handy when you’ve crested a hill and are heading down the other side or when you pick up speed on fast singletrack. You can drop half-way down your cassette with two pushes instead of the four that it would take on a SRAM shifter. And special mention to the Schwalbe Hans Dampf tyres which work in all conditions better than anything ever before.
    Overall bike is great and totally fits the bill of a do-it-all bike. So much so my previous hardtail and full-suss are now redundant, gathering dust and up for sale…
    Just one wee Scottish bike dudes opinion, and no expert at all, but hope it helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Jekyll owners – what's the verdict?’ is closed to new replies.