Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • je ne ..
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I’m injured today. if you heard a loud crack and ouch at Walking Bottom yesterday about 3pm that was me riding into a tree. it hurts a lot and i’m down for a while but i think it’s all soft tissue, no breaks (yeah i’ll get it checked later). please excuse the lazy left hand typing.

I’ve been injured before (worse than this), it causes one to reflect (especially a painful sleep light night!), and the outcome of that reflection is I am a rider, I love to ride and have absolutely no regrets. We do what we do. We accept responsibility for the consequences. So be it.

That’s all really except to say thanks to my ride buddies for sorting me out quickly and with care (Up the Cocks!) and to the BikeSwanky guys for their offer of help too.

ps not that I am recommending being injured as part of the mtb experience, it’s still best avoided.

pps button flies are really awkward one handed

mattjg
    Free Member

sniff nobody cares sniff

fair enough why should they

ps broken scapula, soft tissue my ****

wwaswas

broken scapula

yes, but how’s the bike?

(hope you heal soon and it’s possibly the best time of year to be off the bike)

mattjg
    Free Member

bike is perfect my shoulder took the blow

yeah you’re right

thx

DaRC_L

commiserations – glad the bike’s ok!

BTW can you post Walking Bottom, Up the Cocks and BikeSwanky in the same message without a Phnarr?

deadkenny
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    I’m injured today. if you heard a loud crack and ouch at Walking Bottom yesterday about 3pm that was me riding into a tree

The run down from graveyard dropping into the car park?

Just wondering as I stacked it there the other week resulting in loud crack as I demolished half a tree in the process. Came out without a break or bruise though. 😀

Anyway, healing vibes and all that.

mattjg
    Free Member

The run down from graveyard dropping into the car park?

yes, the first drop not the second. I guess it was outside my envelope in current conditions.

thx both for vibes, I am vibed up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Of out riding tonight in the ice and snow

Will comment after the ride rather than before

NormalMan

All the best for a quick recovery Matt.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Done that run hundreds of times without a problem, but so slippery now I lost the front, over balanced and fell down the side into a tree 😀

swanky
    Free Member

Just saw you’re post mattig. Hope you’re well on the way to recovery now.
    Your “episode” made a hell of a sickening noise in the Walking Bottom car park. Maybe your need Magic Marys to suck you into Walking Bottom’s dirt 🙂 (Just trying to help DaRC_L get his Phnarr in)
    Hope to see you out on the trails soon.

scaredypants

all the best, OP – heal fast

oh, and, was it anyhting like this ?

[video]http://youtu.be/csZvUo_aFqA[/video]

neilthewheel

broken scapula

Ow! Console yourself with the knowledge that you are one of the rare few.
    I got back on the turbo trainer within a week of doing mine and was riding again in 5 weeks so I hope you make the same speedy recovery.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Recover quickly Matt, never sure how that bit is going to ride.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘je ne ..’ is closed to new replies.