• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • JE James Rotherham
  • xyeti
    Free Member

Had the pleasure of dropping in there yesterday, for nothing in particular other than the fact I was passing, I’m not sure it’s classed as a LBS “suppose it must be if your local” an on line retailer or a chain?

But I was genuinely blown away with the layout, choice and the staff,

I had a good look around the CX bikes and the Mountain bikes and sniffed around the service area, I came away thinking if I had a bike shop, That’s what I’d want it to be like,

That’s all really.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

On the flip side, I hate the place.

Had nothing but rude service there.

Blatantly ignored and a total lack of knowledge. Told me parts don’t exist that where right there on the shelf.

I had better service in the Chesterfield branch.

scandal42
    Free Member

Chesterfield branch excellent, not tried others

benji
    Free Member

Liked it as a shop, the area was distinctly iffy. Chesterfield is ok, but almost not enough stock for the size of the shop. Sheffield branch I find just odd the two shops, split between road/mtb & general, with the giant concept store just a little further down which they also own.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I used to work there. I think they were trying to turn it around but as a staff member it was pretty demoralizing. This was 5 years ago and I think they may well have had chance to address staff morale along with throwing a much needed whack of money at the layout and now they are pretty good.

xyeti
    Free Member

I did actually pick up on the fact they were open 7 Days a week, Early till late,

I’ve not been to any of the other ones but it does look like its just had a makeover and some money spent on it, The workshop manager seemed pleasant enough and they had plenty of stock in,

Onzadog
    Free Member

I always get the impression that Dean runs a pretty tight ship in the Chesterfield branch. Now I’ve moved closer to them, I’m happy to use them as my local bike shop (If I need one).

naffa
    Free Member

Ive never visited any of their premises but their online service has always been second to non kive found

Basil

The fire station branch is sh*t.
    Travelled two hours to buy bike (all arranged by telephone on a sale bike) and had nothing but a crap experience. Staff are crap, no **** idea of customer service,unsurprisingly when I spoke to the manager he was hero level crap.
    If I had not travelled,if the bike was not the exact model in the right size for my wife I would not have given them my money, although given their service it did not seem that selling and taking payment was their job.

Pook

Loved it when it was a fire station. Iirc we went down the pole

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘JE James Rotherham’ is closed to new replies.