Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • JE James
  • Feldo
    Free Member

I’ve used them before and they’ve been OK for mail order, but this time two weeks for items in shown stock, paid for too, but radio silence despite email and phone chasers.

Does anyone else have any experience of them?

matt_outandabout

Do a search – a 100 odd post thread basically saying similar experiences.

MS
    Free Member

I usually phone them first to check to see if product are in stock.

If they are usually good service!

thepodge
    Free Member
    kona_uk
    Free Member

crap, wouldn’t touch them !

valley
    Free Member

I bought forks from them recently ,very pleased with service i received,i didnt have a Pop-loc in Box ,so phoned them & got it 2 day’s Later 😀

I’ve bought two bikes from them and never had any real problems to be fair.

Saying that, some of the staff are too quick to try and patronise, and some are just utter fookwits.

I’m closest to Chesterfield, but their accessories seem distinctly lacking (of anything I want to buy anyway) and although there are some decent staff, playing the JE James lottery of actually getting one of them to talk to is probably only slightly better odds than winning 4 million quid this Saturday.

Sheffield is more like my kind of shop, but the staff can be patronising. I’ve bought a bike from Rotherham and seem to remember some unpleasant experience about it, but that’s the only time I’ve ever been in.

Not great, but overall not somewhere I’d openly boycott. I suppose they are really my 2nd most used retailer after CRC. I’d prefer to use my LBS – Stanley Fearn’s in Matlock – and do when I can, but they just can’t compete on price.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

I had a nightmare ordering a mech, sent the wrong one,loads of calls later finally got it right 4 weeks after ordering. Avoid 👿

mikewsmith
    Free Member

never went back after a hasty trip in to buy a new mech and shifter when i converted to SRAM it was all locked in a cabinet so they gave me a X7 mech and the shimano compatible shifter then didnt want to exchange, general impression is staffed by muppets

Rod

based on my current experience of them (order placed in january – delivery slow so it only turned up the day i went on holiday for 2 weeks so the recorded delivery got returned to them by royal mail – 2 months of waiting for je james to acknowledge the return – close to a month later and i’m still waiting for it to arrive!!! couple that with emails being ignored or pretty rude replies) i wouldn’t even consider using them again. how on earth can they stay in business with that kind of service??!

matt_outandabout

JEJames = the new Dave Hinde?

rich-6
    Free Member

Found them poor myself when i ordered a set of pikes a few months back now, Theres another thread going too with over 100 replies, seems they arent very good!

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I’ve never bought from them via mail order but always had good experiences in the Sheffield shop, happy to price match and good service, what more could I ask for? 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘JE James’ is closed to new replies.