Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jaume Plensa at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Fantastic! Stunning sculptures of the human form made up of an almost lace-like integration of metal letters and symbols. Appears both solid and fragile, huge and also intimate and tactile. Some of the most beautiful, interesting and creative outdoor sculpture I’ve seen 🙂

In fact, there was loads of amazing work at the YSP – spent all day there and it wasn’t long enough. It’s rare that I say it, but that was as good as biking!

andycs

Great riding round there too!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The YSP is flippin brilliant. Only disappointing this is that I know I’ll never see anything better than the Andy Goldsworthy exhibit there a few years ago. Quite breathtaking…

john_drummer
    Free Member

it’s about a mile from where I work and have I ever been? have I buggery

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Decent grub John (if slightly pricey). Plus its lovely for a wander…

john_drummer
    Free Member

might stop off on the way home one day

I’ve even been known to cycle past it on a 24mile (one way) commute

thejesmonddingo

Walk up from work John,it’s £4 in the car park,and yes the Plensa stuff is good,but I agree about the Andy Goldsworthy.
    Ian

Sue_W
    Free Member

mmm … I thought the Plensa work was better than the couple of Goldsworthy’s I saw today (although ‘outclosure’ made me smile). But I have always really liked Goldsworthy’s stuff so would love to see more of it.

And John_Drummer – you really should go. I’m already planning on a repeat trip from north Wales

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jaume Plensa at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park’ is closed to new replies.