• This topic has 46 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Jamie Oliver
  • jools182
    Free Member

he is far less annoying than he used to be

the naked chef series was contrived and irritating beyond belief

he seems to have calmed down a bit, although there is still the odd ‘geezer’ moment that makes me cringe, but I actually enjoy his programs now

chewkw
    Free Member

Houns – Member

Buy him a drink, top bloke

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? He’s a millionaire after all you know. 😆

scotia
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member. He seems OK. I have his “Dinners” book which is meant to be “simple food to make in an evening” and I only make one thing out of it because it’s either “put toast in toaster, pop, apply butter, serve” or a 6 day long kitchen marathon complete with jus de nothing better to do.

All in, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall is my favourite because his food is balls out ridiculous but in a fun “killed it with my bare hands” kind of way.

seriously? i have two of his books, dinners being one of them. There are tons of recipes in there that dont take long..what are you talking about??

or are you just being typically STW?

TooTall
    Free Member

All in, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall is my favourite because his food is balls out ridiculous but in a fun “killed it with my bare hands” kind of way.

Are you insane? He is probably one of the most traditional British food chefs on TV at the moment. The man is doing a great job of

1. Showing where food comes from.
    2. Showing people old British recipes updated for the majority who think meat grows in nice tidy vacuum-packed joints.

NZCol

Had the opportunity to meet him and thoroughly nice bloke absolutely no bravado about him at all. Possibly because I had no firkin idea who he was apart from looking familiar and also because there were lots of other famous people there I did recognise. We just had a long conversation over a large number of beers. Only when someone asked him to sign something then looked at me weirdly when also offered did i think maybe he was famous. Good bloke.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Thought he was very good tbh. Once you get past the Jonathan Wossisms (now there really is a git of the highest order) he actually comes across very well indeed. If I had to criticise anything its his/their need to call their kids the most awful names…..

hora
    Free Member

I cringed alittle over the use of his wife/small baby in-shot when he was making the diarohea in a bag.

It just seemed disjointed and uncomfortable.

Cute kid though! I did saw awwwwwwwwww 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Jamie Oliver’ is closed to new replies.