• This topic has 477 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by db.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 478 total)
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg
  • ransos
    Free Member

Why? Because you saw it mentioned on STW, googled it and thought it might make you sound more educated?

I think that if you’re unable to come up with a coherent argument, the best thing to do is carry on insulting people. That’ll definitely convince them.

councilof10
    Free Member

Why I don’t like him

He’s a partner in an investment fund. By the Indi’s rational, he has vested interests in just about every sector of the global stock market, as does anyone who has a pension which invests in the stock market (ie almost everyone).

Maybe think for yourself rather than letting a newspaper do your thinking.

colp

Maybe think for yourself rather than letting a newspaper do your thinking

Good job you thought up that idea for me.

RustySpanner

councilof10 – Member
    STW: because he’s rich and we’re envious

Only in your head sweetie.

Everyone has given you reasons why they dislike him.
    Not one person has said they dislike him because he’s well off.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram and grow up.

El-bent
    Free Member

Clearly mogg is a man educated beyond his intelligence.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Outstanding member of Parliament and adds colour and variety to our country. His Channel 4 Referendum piece with Jess Phillips was one of the few highlights of a dire campaign. His put down about Eton to David Dimbleby on Question Time was also marvellous

Sooooooo predictable…….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Only in your head sweetie.

Everyone has given you reasons why they dislike them.
    Not one person has said they dislike him because he’s well off.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram and grow up

😆

Sandwich

I like JRM but only as a lamp post decoration. Mid 1940’s Italian style.

convert

I have simply no idea where the OP has got the idea that JRM is liked by the youth. It’s a mystery. They seem to quite like laughing at him, but that’s not quite the same thing.

binners

I have simply no idea where the OP has got the idea that JRM is liked by the youth.

Depends how you define ‘youth’

Don’t worry though…. it’s in line with the rest of the opinions he spouts on here.

He makes dear old Jammers look down wit da kidz! 😀

BillMC

I would have imagined that a highly sophisticated and nuanced poster would be able to differentiate between ‘rational’ and ‘rationale’.

Even the Tory party realise that to try to increase their appeal they need to move away from being led by pencil-necked public schoolboys and trustafarians.

councilof10
    Free Member

He makes dear old Jammers look down wit da kidz!

Unlike yourself that thinks it’s still acceptable to use homosexuality as an insult!

binners

Hmmm…. maybe I was being too nuanced. Or not nuanced enough. Who knows…..

kimbers

He was on QT a few weeks back and he was basically just bullshitting, he still got a big round of applause from the more swivel eyed in the audience.

Like Johnson if we could have fact checking of MPs in real time, he’d have absolutely nothing left to say

kimbers

Hes not quite the dimmest MP in the house though……

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx2Aq4xuUIM[/video]

binners

Dimmest MP is a hotly contested mantle within the present cabinet. Backbenchers don’t get a look in!

councilof10
    Free Member

Hmmm…. maybe I was being too nuanced. Or not nuanced enough. Who knows…..

I think it’s quite sweet seeing a man open up, via the medium of an internet forum, to his latent, and previously repressed homosexuality.

Classy.

binners

Seriously… it’s quite moving

councilof10
    Free Member

No matter how “nuanced” or thinly veiled you make you “insults”, there’s no hiding the fact that you’re a homophobic ****.

binners

Am I? Oh well …..if you say so.

I’d been previously unaware of this, but you do seem to right about most things, so I suppose I must be…

I blame my Catholic upbringing

councilof10
    Free Member

Am I? Oh well …..if you say so.

You seem to think it’s OK to suggest someone is a repressed homosexual as an insult. Do you really think that’s acceptable??

binners

You got the first bit right, not the second

Why would being homosexual, repressed or otherwise, be seen as an insult?

I thought that it was a beautiful moment for you to share your blossoming sexuality with the group. That’s all.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Disagree with him on many issues – most notably Brexshit – but used to know him (a little) as a client in the 90s and have met him several times, hence IMO….

mrlebowski – Member
    He’s right of Atilla the Hun – don’t be fooled by his affable exterior.

A thoroughly unlikeable individual

…is well wide of the mark. Intelligent, oddly vulnerable but extremely amusing and v good company IME

And amuses me to see that he still has old, wide lapel, double-breasted suit with a navy polka dot tie. Even his clothes haven’t changed (since school)!!

councilof10
    Free Member

Why would being homosexual be seen as an insult?

You tell me. You clearly used it to try and mock me, so why don’t you share with us why you think it’s acceptable to bring my sexuality into a debate about a politician?

AdamW
    Free Member

I didn’t read it as an insult and I’m gayer than Gaylord McGayface, winner of the Gayest Gay on the Planet of the Gays, Rainbow Galaxy.

binners

U OK HUN? XXX

councilof10
    Free Member

Replace the word “homosexuality” with “hetrosexuality” and ask yourself if the same question would have arisen in a debate about a female politician?

No, it absolutely wouldn’t. Because Binners tried to get a cheap shot in at me, and being the outdated, bigoted dinosaur that he is, he assumed that I would consider it a slight to be accused of being a homosexual – repressed or otherwise.

binners

I seem to have hit a nerve here.

Are you presently stained with the butter drips from crumpets?

councilof10
    Free Member

I seem to have hit a nerve here.

Not particularly, apart from being offended that in 2017, people like you think it’s OK to use homosexuality as an insult.

Houns

This sexual tension between you two (Binners and council) and talk of dripping butter is making me moist

binners

Come on lads, let’s get home, the sky’s beginning to bruise, night must fall and we shall be forced to camp……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

camp

Christ, the insults are flying Binners!

ransos
    Free Member

Replace the word “homosexuality” with “hetrosexuality”

Are you referring to attracting people by wearing expensive trousers?

RustySpanner

This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

AdamW
    Free Member

binners

It’s gone. We do it wrong, being so majestical. To offer it the show of violence…..

RustySpanner

And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Leku
    Free Member

Home

Get your votes in..

It could be like when all those Torys paid the Labour Party £2 to vote for Corbyn (that turned out well for them…_)

binners

Excellent! I can’t think of anything better than a PMQ’s involving Jezza and Rees-Mogg. They could discuss the corn laws, or legalising homosexuality, or something 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Jacob Rees-Mogg’ is closed to new replies.