Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 349 total)
  • jacob rees mogg dog
  • coconut
    Free Member

How did this tory stiffie ever come to represent people ? Keep seeing him on tv. Reminds me of tory boy from viz…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

his dad

scuttler

He seems to have conviction in his thoughts and opinions which is one trait that’s hard to find in the era of safe spaces and the right to be offended. Looks and sounds a proper **** I agree.

jimdubleyou

He’s a caricature of the posh Tory – TV loves him.

Guessing his constituency is posh-rural…

coconut
    Free Member

I think he should take the mog mobile on a tour of “uk’s top 10 dumps”, get to know the real folk

tjagain

coconut

first past the post system means loads of safe seats for both parties. so if yo want in to parliament and are a vote losing liability like him but have the right connections as he does then you get a nice safe seat and bingo – despite being a total dimwit with no idea of the real world you get into parliament.

He was given a few hopeless seats first to try his hand in tho. He took his nanny with him campaigning in a working class community in fife which shows how out of touch he is and also

Rees-Mogg himself stated (in The Sunday Times, 23 May 1999) that “it is rather pathetic to fuss about accents too much”, though he then went on to say that “John Prescott’s accent certainly stereotypes him as an oaf”

from Wiki

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVkkUcnhs0[/video]

shaggy

cashback

He is my MP, north east Somerset, so yes, rural and abit posh in places. He turned up to a local hustings before the last election with a rosette on his lapel the size of a Labrador.
    Annoyingly at the end of the hustings you were left thinking he was clearly the most competent candidate we had available, but this is more the quality the opposition put up against him.
    The greens was a 19yr old student at bath, Lib dems couldn’t be bothered to turn up so sent her husband, I can’t even think who came for labour and the ukiper paced back and forth frothing at the mouth about black people taking our jobs, which is clearly a massive issue in a small village just outside Bristol.

Not saying I voting for him of course.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I can’t stand him, I have yet to understand how someone so odiously unoriginal has come to be viewed by the general public as intelligent. The conviction in his rather simplistic beliefs pisses me off even further.

kerley
    Free Member

first past the post system means loads of safe seats for both parties

Exactly. I live in an extremely safe tory seat and can’t imagine what a dick the tory MP would need to be to actually lose.

austen

He’s my MP too, as far as I can make out his views don’t represent the area at all well, or at least anyone I know!

Saw him at the weekend, despite being at a large public event he didn’t seem to be interacting with any of his subjects, though have heard he tells a good tale down the pub…

Unfortunately as cashback says, I don’t see him being kicked out any time soon, last election Labour had an American standing for them (Todd someone), and the Lib Dem candidate didn’t even live in the constituency. Pre-Mogg we had a Labour MP, so have no idea where all of his support has gone.

mefty
    Free Member

The predecessor seat was held by Labour so clearly a safe seat! His initial majority was 5,000. He increased it to 12,000 so relatively safe now.

mattyfez

He’s an eloquent and witty speaker, I’ll give him that.

He’s also anti EU, self entitled and a bit of an arsehole, so leavers see that and it chimes a chord with their own beliefs, and vote for him.

mefty
    Free Member

He is also very popular in the House of Commons, many Labour and SNP MPs describe him as their favourite Tory. As my nanny said “Manners maketh the man.”

shaggy

My parents live in his constituency. I may be wrong, but I think the seat boundary got changed to cut of an area towards Midsomer Norton which was historically Labour.

coconut
    Free Member

Sounding more like a first past the butler system, the more I read.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or as is written somewhere else, “by his friends, so shall he know him.”

And JRM has some pretty odious ones by anyone’s standards.

I can see why he gives forelock tugging right wingers erections, and I imagine he’d be fun to join for a drink, but he’s an irrelevance in a progressive age. The regressive referendum campaign gave him a prominence he’s never done anything to deserve.

nparker

Mhairi Black (SNP MP for Paisley and Renfrewshire) summed him up pretty well:

I could sit and listen to him all day, I disagree with him 99.9 per cent of the time, and that wee percent is just because he’s got good manners. But I love listening to him, his knowledge is incredible, and he’s so polite.’

mattyfez

Sounding more like a first past the butler system, the more I read.

Oh for sure, I’d be surprised if knew how to tie his shoe laces or boil an egg without assistance.

Northwind

I think he’s a prick tbh but you need some pricks in your parliament. And no doubt there’s plenty of others that are just as much a prick but hide it, he has the honesty to openly be a prick. He doesn’t come out with “we’re all in this together”

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s also anti EU, self entitled and a bit of an arsehole, so leavers see that and it chimes a chord with their own beliefs, and vote for him.

Didn’t take long to get some Brexit abuse did it ?

mattyfez

I’m not sure how what I said could be framed as abuse, he’s fairly open about his anti EU position.

Care to explain why you think my comment was abusive?

My comment on him being an arsehole was a comment on what I think of him as person, and not his political persuasion.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

jambalaya’s obviously feeling quite sensitive today. 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps if you’d said

“He’s also anti EU so leavers see that and it chimes a chord with their own beliefs, and vote for him.” then you wouldn’t come across as being abusive.

But you didn’t.

nickc
    austen

It may well not be true, but I heard that at Hansard they refer to him as The Honourable Member for the 1930’s…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You ok Huns?

xxx

mattyfez

I used commas to be fair.

It’s not my fault if you have a poor understanding of language.

A bit like the difference between ‘let’s give the NHS £350mil’ and ‘we will give the NHS £350mil’.

woody74

He lives in the next village from where I grew up and have met him a few times when he has been knocking on doors. To be fair he is a nice guy and is happy to have a good argument. He is also very very good to his constituents and really puts the effort in sorting out problems that people have. This holds him in good stead with a lot of people who wouldn’t vote Tory. I now live about 10 miles away near Cheddar and would much prefer to have him than the bell end Tory MP we currently have, total waste of space. p.s. I am not a tory voter and have never been.

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Comes across as intelligent and eloquent and not too offensive. Can’t say I find his Commons voting record so inoffensive:

Mogg’s voting record

AlexSimon

I’m disappointed. Thread title led me to expect a picture of a dog that looked exactly like JRM 🙁

mattyfez

Just a quick browse through and it’s pretty much as expected.

Against gay rights and same sex marriage, but *for*human rights?

That’s a bit incoherent.

Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices

I could pull it apart further but it makes for fairly predictable reading. The guy is a cee yeu enn tee.

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t like his image or his politics, but he seems to stand by his convictions, and in a documentary I was surprised how well he seemed to deal with a variety of constituents problems.

richc
    Free Member

He’s not stupid, and you would be foolish to think so. However he is a massive dick and gets a lot of TV time as people like to point and laugh, however I suspect he has the last laugh.

One of the most alarming things he like to talk about is employment rights, I quote” “We could say, if it’s good enough in India, it’s good enough for here. There’s nothing to stop that”; so his input on the post Brexit employment rights should be good.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-safety-standards-workers-rights-jacob-rees-mogg-a7459336.html

Then there is the ‘nanny’ issue:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10698217/Jacob-Rees-Mogg-My-nanny-made-me-the-man-I-am.html

🙂

nickc

Seems like a nice guy….

Consistently voted against equal gay rights
    Consistently voted against smoking bans
    Consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of the same sex
    Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights
    Consistently voted against allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

AlexSimon

how well he seemed to deal with a variety of constituents problems

Was it trouble with offshore banking? Avoiding mansion tax? Immigrant nanny’s taking all the jobs?

richc
    Free Member

Consistently voted against allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life

Well that makes sense, he’s never going to vote to allow the people who vote for him to die early is he.

mattyfez

if it’s good enough in India, it’s good enough for here. There’s nothing to stop that”; so his input on the post Brexit employment rights should be good.

Let’s see how long he’d last on £20 a week or less.

That pretty much says all you need to know about moggy.

kimbers

He seems like he was born a century or 2 too late

or thats the image he likes to cultivate

really hes just a shit-stirring bigot

imho

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 349 total)

The topic ‘jacob rees mogg dog’ is closed to new replies.