Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Jacket recommendations
  • Right, so I asked about the Endura MT500 on here and got a mixed response.

C’mon folks, tell me your fave jacket, but please read my stipulations…

Must look good off the bike
    Must be muted colour – grey, khaki etc.
    Must not be as hot as an Endura Stealth
    Must have pit vents
    Not really into paclite types (they don’t exactly look good off the bike anyways, I suppose)
    Must breathe
    Must come on the end of a stick that also has the moon

Cheers

somafunk

I have a couple of the Montane Photon’s in black, I bought one last year in crc’s sale for £70 and it was so good i bought another whilst they were cheap, Very waterproof 20,000mm hydrostatic head, very breathable 25,000 mvtr, packs into a teeny stuffsack and looks good off the bike but they’re getting harder to find these days.

It doesn’t have pit vents but you won’t need them, i don’t and i run very warm indeed.

same as this one here, i’m a 38″-40″ chest and the medium fits as if it was tailored for me.

robj20
    Free Member

Rab Myriad, best jacket i have ever owned, i sweat a lot and i stay dry in this.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Montane singletrack is nice

jedi

look at scott clothing. i got the midlayer jacket and the gore and they are awesome bits of kit

FOG

Another vote for the Montane Singletrack. I always carry it in the pack for emergency warmth and use it through most of the winter unless it is really throwing it down

You guys have some strange ideas about what looks good off the bike – and yes, I’m looking at you Rob 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Jacket recommendations’ is closed to new replies.