Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jacket advice
  • garethjambo1
    Free Member

Hi all,

I want to buy a new mtb jacket without breaking the bank. Looking for something that isnt too heavy/bulky, is breathable and reasonably waterproof. So far have shortlisted the following:

Endura singletrack (£55)
    Madison Zenith (hooded and non hooded version) (£35 – £55)
    Dakine moroccan shield (£55)
    Altura attack (£60)
    Madison Roam (£60)

My preference at the moment is probably the Endura singletrack.

Any opinions/advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Gareth

mark90
    Free Member

I have a Roam jacket and it’s not the lightest or most packable jacket. Sleeves are also a bit tight for elbow pads.

In a review I read by Jason Miles (terrahawk on here) the Singletrack came out well.

5 Top Hooded Waterproof Jackets!

bensongd
    Free Member

Chain reaction have this on offer: windchill

not fully waterproof but cheap.

rOcKeTdOg

Endura singletrack jacket is good but not perfect. Waterproof yes but not that breathable but then it’s cheap compared to properly breathable ones. Size down as the body comes up big. I usally wear L but went for M.

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve got the endura singletrack 2 jacket, bought it last year and I think it’s really good to be honest. I don’t find it too ‘boil in the bag’ the zip vents under the arms can be opened out to be massive and really help. I’ve found it to be very good on the waterproof front too on some longish rides in rubbish conditions.

Although to be honest it’s the only ‘proper’ waterproof jacket I have to compare it to, never tried any more expensive more supposedly breathable jackets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Jacket advice’ is closed to new replies.