• This topic has 32 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • J E JAMES cycles
  • rbrstr
    Free Member

Anyone had much experience with these guys? I ordered some parts on monday, emailed them today because still no sign of them only to be told some of the order is out of stock and the order will be another 5 to 12 days! so, obviously not so great on communication then?!
    Have i been a bit unlucky here,are they usually so poor on CS ?

gingerss
    Free Member

Used them once, similar experience.

Seems to be the same with Rutland cycles too.

spacecadett
    Free Member

I have experienced the same. I ended up cancelling my order over the phone & going elsewhere.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The Teva Links I ordered came within the week. Not the fastest but the kit got here.

_tom_
    Free Member

I had a similar experience first time I ordered with them, however I used them again recently with no problems at all..

philstone

Never had any problems with them – postage costs to Jersey are excessive online but if I give them a call I get a better rate.
    delivery times are always good – wish I could say the same for CRC…

timmys

Stuff that appears in stock takes ages, they only deliver to the registered card address. Two facts that make them pretty much useless as an on-line store IMHO.
    If you’re lucky a J.E. James guy will show up in this thread, when it registers on their saved google search, to say how they want to help…and then nothing changes.

thepodge
    Free Member

Mail order is shocking

In shop is hit and miss

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Used mail order once, wont bother again. Late delivery and no customer service.

loum
    Free Member

Phoned to establish if the item I wanted was actually in stock, was told it was, paid extra for priority devlivery service.
    Item arrived two weeks later – too late to use on my holiday that I had ordered it for.
    Will not use them again.

thegman67

Used Rutland to buy a sram cassette come within two days also used crc last week they took four days but they did send two energy gels with my order

rbrstr
    Free Member

Best avoided then, the CS rep Carl had a shocking i dont give a shit attitude, didnt even offer an apology. cancelled the order yesterday and ordered them from TF Tuned instead, they arrived this morning!

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I’ve got a bike on order from myspokes mail order. Ordered Tues eve, they took payment Thursday so I phoned them Friday and they said it isn’t built yet but may be done for next week. Surely they shouldn’t take the money from my account until they are despatching the bike?????

tomhughes
    Free Member

Personally I’ve never had a good experience with JE James, their delivery is painfully slow with stock items taking over a week to arrive. Maybe I have been spoilt by wiggle (old wiggle that is before they started charging priority dispatch) but over a week for an instock item is a bit much.
    The last straw was recently though when I order a set of instock zipp stickers of them. Almost a week later I had heard nothing so emailed them, no reply, sent 2 more emails. A few days later I got an email saying they werent in stock and I was given a refund. Since then the other shop which had them had sold out. I sent them an email asking why it had taken so long to find out they didnt have them in stock but never got a reply.
    Nothing really bad but if there are other options I would always go for other shops who treat you better.

Aidy
    Free Member

I seem to find they’re quite variable with service.

Some shoes were delivered pretty promptly, the gloves I ordered earlier this week a bit less so.

They were pretty good a year or two back, when they spent the time on forums repairing their damaged reputation. Haven’t really had to contact them since to see if they’ve kept it up.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I know JE James have had a dodgy and erratic reputation over the past 3 years but I thought they’d got better…?

Anybody had experiences good or bad since last June? (there is a point to this question so bear with me!) A bad shop will have loads of grumpy customers from long ago but what about recently?

Deveron53
    Free Member

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Ordered some brakes from them a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be in stock, heard nothing a week later so emailed. Did get a very prompt reply, something about transfers from shop to shop delaying things, but said he’d chase up the warehouse. Sent another email a few days later, asking if there was any news, apparently he was still chasing the order. Asked him to cancel the order, which was done straight away. Placed an order with CRC that day for the brakes and they arrived the next morning, as always.

Can’t fault JE James for customer service, prompt, polite etc. but their stock control and warehouse/dispatch doesnt seem great.

Deveron53
    Free Member

They’ll learn, one day.

LittleTones
    Free Member

My experiences with them have been OK. In recent years a couple of expensive items, Trance X frame and a Giant dropper post have been delivered promptly within a few days. I did phone beforehand in both cases and my expectations were not for CRC or Merlin delivery times. I just haven’t found them to be as hopeless as some here have stated…..

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I used them about a year ago. had a bad experience with them and wont use them again. even if they was the last bike shop on earth, I would find a different sport.

they guy on the phone swore at me and offered me a fight (even said i have your address and bank details!!)

I tried to call the manager/owner and I was cut off every time!!

I had to change my bank details. just in-case.

if they do have a saved search then maybe they want to email me??

Junkyard
    Free Member

I used them about a year ago. had a bad experience with them and wont use them again. even if they was the last bike shop on earth, I would find a different sport.

THIS

daznal
    Free Member

Dont get me started on these puckers

marcusmtb
    Free Member
    Spin
    Free Member

Always been fine with me.

ASC
    Free Member

Avoid. No integrity, they cost me an extra £100 due to their incompetence. Things sometimes go wrong, it’s what you do to resolve them that defines a company. Big Fail! My emails ignored, kept it brief 🙁

spudnick
    Free Member

used a few times. always had an email if out of stock with the choice to carry on and wait or get full refund

alboy
    Free Member

Bought a new cycle from these and it had a minor fault which could have been easly put right but turned out to be a real nightmare , got my money through credit card company but took 7 months , don’t buy from JE James

PMK2060

The rotherham shop Is my lbs but I avoid. I went in a few years ago with every intention of coming out with a bike but the attitude of the staff made me go elsewhere.

Ha, read a post up there about inter shop transfers holding things up. They are all within half an hours drive of each other.

Never used them online, but this is a quick summary of how I found the actual shops…

Rotherham – condescending.

Chesterfield – fairly helpful, a mix of staff, from reasonably knowledgeable to downright useless.

Sheffield – generally friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Ordered two items once, a week later I rang them to be told neither were in stock.

Haven’t used since.

penglish1
    Free Member

Mate took a wheel into the Rotherham shop, with a broken freewheel, after a week he rang them, to be told it was on order.
    Waited another week to be told it had not been fitted yet, at the end of week three, he walked into the shop and was told they had not even ordered the freewheel and was awaited him bringing one in for them!!!!!
    Took it to don valley cycles in Doncaster who fixed the free wheel within a day.
    I don’t like their pricing, everything in the store has a price tag stating RRP at an inflated price and next to it is a JE James price which is the normal price you pay in any cycle shop. Do they think we are stupid

FOG

Very up and down, they are just about my nearest bike shop so don’t use mail order. In the shop they can sometimes be mega annoying. Sample- they had a special offer on spds so tried to buy some.
    ‘ get ’em mail order’ says the then manager.
    ‘I can see some there’ says I pointing .
    Can’t sell you them at the special offer price’.
    I did buy them on line but not from them.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘J E JAMES cycles’ is closed to new replies.