Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Iveco Daily -real world reviews
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Currently own a 07 plate lwb Transit which has been great but our business has out grown it and so we need a Xlwb / jumbo / 4m + van.

Another Transit is on the list but I’m also intrigued by Iveco Daily’s due to the fact they are cheaper 2nd hand and also because the xlwb’s are huge.

Annual mileage would be low and used for light occasional work.

Does anyone have any real world reviews on Iveco’s? (I know about the Iveco forum.)

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Don’t get one with the agile gearbox. Awful thing to drive. Seats harder and not as comfy as sprinters. Despite having lots of cubbyholes they’re not actually that useful so just dump stuff on top of the dash.

billytinkle
    Free Member

We have 13 2012 7 tonne Dailys on the fleet at work. Just coming up to the end of their leases.

They’ve been pretty good overall, common problems we’ve seen have been slightly temperamental electrics in the wet – marker lights need replacement remarkably often. Starter motors are starting to die on many, but they are used for multidrop so on and off all day.

All rear doors needed replacement under warranty as they redesigned the hinges and the washers used were not large enough resulting in a washer shaped hole in the door panels.

So far 5 have needed replacement heads – fortunately under warranty as a £5k job through the dealer. Identifiable by losing water.

Think that’s about it.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Oh and driver weight adjustable seats were an option – make things much more comfortable.

PePPeR

I think Spooky of this parish has one for towing horses, he always seems to recommend it.

RustyNissanPrairie

Thanks for the info guys!

I know to avoid the auto box.
    Looking at the 3.5t vans with around the 100k mileage mark.
    I’m quite happy tinkering/fixing my own vehicles but not wanting to end up with a lemon.

Billy – why did the heads fail? Where they fixable or were they beyond repair?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Iveco Daily -real world reviews’ is closed to new replies.