Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ive seen one "ALIVE"
  • maxsatnav
    Free Member

A badger that is … tonight whilst out on local night ride..

instead of being flattened at the side of the road

I damn near ran it over the beast ran straight in front of me wheel which caused a nice two wheel lock up but managed to avoid an incident

them big claws on there feet make a real scary sound as it scampers around on trails 😕

tankslapper
    Free Member

three of us taken out by a badger in East Ridge last night – bugger just kept running through us

scaredypants

I used to think that it was suspicious how many badgers you found at the side of roads (had they been dumped by baiters/farmers/?) but if they're half as daft in the face of cars as they are with bikes, …

soobalias
    Free Member

nowadays i see more alive than dead 🙂

Pook

three of us taken out by a badger in East Ridge last night

Did you have a nice night? And did he pay his share? Badgers are renowned for being cheap.

😀

pjt201
    Free Member

apparently they have charted the rise of badger populations by the increase of carcases found on roads. Even with the increase in traffic accounted for it is still a rising population.

Smee
    Free Member
    Smee
    Free Member

Anyone been bitten by a badger?

GrahamS

they have charted the rise of badger populations by the increase of carcases found on roads

Is it me or does that method sound strangely flawed for some reason? 😯

(I'm sure it works and has been correlated with other data – but it just seems backwards to measure population growth by how many dead ones we find).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Never been bitten, but had one run into my leg once going round to a mates flat in the dark.
    Hit one in the car once at 60mph, poor thing didnt stand a chance, although it managed to burst the radiator and bend it backwards about 2", heavy solid beaties.
    Not generally agressive unless threatened, used to sit at home and watch about 5 of them in the back garden at night. Fabulous!
    Oh and they can shift when they need to, chased one down a footpath at dusk once returning back from a ride.

user-removed
    Free Member

Bit By A Badger.

I'm sure I've related this tale here before at some point, but in essence; met a guy in an Inverness pub whose arm looked like he'd stuck it in a mincing machine. He told me that he and his pal had been camping in local woods at night and selling Kleen-Eze products by day.

So one night they heard the most God-awful shrieking and eventually crept out of the tent to have a look. Turned out to be a badger caught in a trap. The guy tried to prise open the jaws of the trap but the ungrateful badger set aboot him.

This guy's arm really was a state and he reckoned all the damage had been done in under three seconds!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Pook – Member

three of us taken out by a badger in East Ridge last night

Did you have a nice night? And did he pay his share? Badgers are renowned for being cheap.

I have often found this to be the case but in fairness this one thanked us profusely and we shared a brandy at his club afterwards…. 😛

robgarrioch

Been seeing a few this autumn around the house (at foot of the Pentlands). One wandered right along the road past me 2 nights ago.
    He'd had his tea though.

odannyboy
    Free Member

never seen a live one.is there certain areas that you are more likelly to see them??certain types of woods and that sort of thing??

lunge

I chased one over Clent this week, he/she was quite quick and clearly liked the singletrack as much as me!

tankslapper
    Free Member

odannyboy – Member

never seen a live one.is there certain areas that you are more likelly to see them??certain types of woods and that sort of thing??

Your joking?

They like woodland with easy digging for setts, old ditches and banks in my experience. Setts can be extensive and extremely old. North Shrops and Powys is rife with them!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ive seen one "ALIVE"’ is closed to new replies.