Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • I've only gone and cut my lawn…
  • Kryton57

Twice a week here for the last few weeks, growing like crazy at the moment.

Likewise.

toby1

Managed to do the whole rear lawn in one run of the petrol yesterday. As I’d done it a week ago there wasn’t as much to hack down. Only takes 10 minutes that way 🙂

jimmy

overseeded mine a fortnight ago.

Me too. Results in 5 days guaranteed it said, I’m still looking at bare patches with seed sitting on top after warm and damp conditions. They lied.

molgrips
    Free Member

They lied

You might’ve done it wrong. I had to re-seed patches of mine. But I’ve learned you can’t just chuck the seed down.

Raked and mini-hoed the surface of the bare patches down an inch or so, not bothering about the tufts of grass that were in there; spread some compost (and sand if I’d had it); then used tons of seed all raked in. Then covered it with netting, and it’s come up nicely in three weeks. It was shade-tolerant seed which is slow to establish though, and I watered it carefully even though we’ve had rain.

I think I’ll cover it with fleece next time though til it comes up because setting up netting is a faff.

footflaps

Yep you need to break up the surface a bit and ideally add a bit of lawn dressing to help it take and then keep it moist for a week or two…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘I've only gone and cut my lawn…’ is closed to new replies.