Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • I've not ridden this week
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Out of choice 😯 I know, terrible isn’t it.
    I can’t recall the last time I thought sod it, in fact I don’t think there has ever been a last time.
    Just couldn’t face packing up my gear, fitting the lights and trapezing around the woods in the dark and rain, only to come back to see what else has worn out and another batch of washing.
    Winters can be testing….but this one, cor blimey.

I’m seriously thinking about winter night road rides from now on.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Seriously just get another bike. It will solve all you issues. Have a look at clockwork bikes for some lovely looking frames.

rOcKeTdOg

i haven’t ridden since sunday, stir crazy i tell ya!

gecko76

If you’re trapezing around the woods I think I can see your problem 8)

handyman
    Free Member

haven’t ridden in a month, too much snow after last nights snow its about 500mm plus deep even walking is dammm tough, so am consoling myself by buying new shiny bits fir the bike come the spring, gore cables, needle bearing shock mounts, xtr pedals, xar helmet, havoc garbon bars, new tyres, esi grips

Hohum
    Free Member

I have managed to ride 3 times this week so far and they have all been daylight rides (there is one positive to being unemployed!).

However, this is the first time I have been out riding since mid-November due to the snow and a chest infection.

All the trails around here are a mess, but luckily I live very close to one of the national cycle routes so I have been using that. Not the most exciting, but it does go through some interesting countryside and it means that I don’t come home covered in mud.

Roll on summer is all I can say!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Same here…I haven’t ridden properly in weeks.

I wish wet stuff would cease falling out of the sky for at least a couple of days, the trails round my way are all waterlogged and trampled by horses. A three hour ride that results in three hours of maintenance isn’t much fun.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden this week

How many times could I have said that over the last few months? 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m seriously thinking about winter night road rides from now on.

….I am seriously getting a road bike soon as otherwise I will be averaging one ride, oh er, a fortnight.

maxray
    Free Member

I will pass 300km of commuting for the month tonight on the way home.

Granted it is b roads/cycle paths and canals but its better than nothing!

Aiming for >300 a month for the year.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I also haven’t ridden yet this week. Was out on Saturday, and a quick half hour on Sunday (for the photo thread), but I decided not to go out Tuesday or last night as I was trying to avoid the man flu which is waiting to pounce.

I’m itching for a ride though, so even though I’m sniffling away here, I’m nipping out tonight for 2 hours. No doubt I’ll feel rough as a badger’s backside tomorrow, but I’m sure I’ll feel great while I’m out there.

+1 for getting a spare bike. I’m riding my rigid singlespeed lots more than the full sus this winter, as it only takes 5 minutes to wash it.

ourmaninthenorth

Tried posting this earlier, but hamster-fail halted it…

I haven’t ridden my MTB since a local scoot in the snow on the SS pre-Christmas.

But, I’m still commuting at least 3 days each week on the road. Trouble is, it’s all in the dark: ride is an hour each way – leave house at 7.15, it’s dark; leave work at 6ish pm and it’s dark again.

Aargh..!

ourmaninthenorth

I will pass 300km of commuting for the month tonight on the way home.

Good work that man. But can we swap – If I average three commuting days a week, that’s 160km pw. Legs are pretty dead by the end of the week, I have to say.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

A turbo trainer (used correctly) is the answer.

rewski
    Free Member

Not ridden since Jan 6th, had a wrist op, once plaster off then plate comes out of my collarbone, won’t be riding until March. Hopefully trails will be drier by then and I won’t be too fat.

maxray
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth I have various options for my commute:

a) full ride in 35k ish & full ride home another 35k
    b) bike and train in or back approx 10k each way

I have been mixing and matching 4 days a week, this week as I was trying to push to the magic 300 I did full ride in and train home so around 45k on tuesday and wednesday and will probably just do the train version today and tomorrow.

Ideally I want to work up to 2 full cycles a week, will ease into it though!

ourmaninthenorth

maxray – great stuff. That’ll be great come summer. I’m going to try a mixed road/off-road ride like yours in the better weather.

No public transport for me, so if I ride in it’s 28km each way. Done 3 days this week (well, by tonight) and, as I’m prob not riding at the weekend, I’ll try to do tomorrow.

Legs are dead, though..!

lunge

Confession, I’ve not ridden my main bike (bar a couple of snowy rides to the train station when I couldn’t move the car) since November. Not ridden my little bike since early December either.

Just not finding any motivation at all to ride. I used to live 5 mins ride from Clent so could just dice out for a quick hour, I’ve now moved around 40 mins ride away and the motivation has gone. Sad really.

I’d love a road bike so I could ride from my door but can’t afford one. I have however just entered the No Fuss endurance downhill in Fort William so will have to get out on the bike(s) soon.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmm, given the injuries on here, I’ll not complain about a few days of sniffling.

maxray
    Free Member

Legs are dead, though..!

I agree! but come the summer I might have some amount of fitness and there is a full canal path route available to me that the cross bike should be fine with.

I just have to remember not to get over enthusiastic as last time I started thinking yeah i’ll train and get fit I came off and broke my wrist 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d love a road bike so I could ride from my door but can’t afford one.

Likewise…..well, I have a budget of about £300 which I have just spaffed on a bid on eBay. Doubt it will come through tho as prices seem to be being pushed up by all the New Year resolutionists.

miketually
    Free Member

No proper rides for me since October half-term. Ride before that was K100.

Didn’t even commute in December. Back commuting this month, so will pass 90 miles for the month on the way home tonight.

Not counting commuting, I only rode ten times last year 🙁

pixelmix
    Free Member

prices seem to be being pushed up by all the New Year resolutionists.

Give it a month, they’ll all be selling them on again once they have given up on the New Year resolutions, and then bidding again when the TdF is on in July.

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry – having my best month ever I think – ticked over 400 miles after commuting today. Half of it’s commuting (towpath and road mixed) a few road rides and a few MTB night rides.

I am absolutely fubarred though – kids have been having us up at least twice a night since I can’t remember when, really not helping the recovery process. Was so tired last night I couldn’t face the midweek pub ride!

Sad thing is, I reckon that if I commute tomorrow and Monday, and have Saturday off, a 50 miler on Sunday will see me hit 500 miles for the month…..

Yes, I know it’s quality and not quantity…..

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s been pants for me, 340 miles excluding mountainbiking and commuting. that was a weeks worth when I rode in black & white.

willej

I haven’t ridden since November. I’ve herniated my bottom disc and have got sciatica in my left leg. Not enjoying it in any way. I have bought myself an old Marin full-boinger to renovate and swap the bits from my hardtail onto for when I can ride again. Just thinking about what colour to have it painted. Metallic orange or purple maybe…

mikey74
    Free Member

Believe me, stay away from the roads: The state they are in makes road riding an absolute nightmare. Plus, drivers are behaving like idiots at the moment… yeah… I know… but even worse that usual 😯

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘I've not ridden this week’ is closed to new replies.