Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • I've never been so confused in my whole life (crisp bafflement content)
  • binners

They’re so completely and utterly wrong! Sullying a cheese based crisp with Bacon. Its just not right! And yet … yet…. I think I like them. I’m really not sure. My tastebuds are truly befuddled by them…..

Anyone else tried them?

Peyote
    Free Member

Yep, there lovely.

Just like chocolate covered pretzels.

ads678

Bacon and cheese butties are nice as well.

z1ppy

😯 [list]WANT![/list]

dabble
    Free Member

crisps, pah, empty calories, bacon and chees sarnies FTW.

thepurist

But…

wwaswas

but, but… Greggs sell these;

so surely it’s not unfamiliar to you 😉

sbob
    Free Member

There is no food that cannot be enhanced by the addition of bacon.

Disappointed in you binners, sorely disappointed.

binners

wwaswas – I’ve genuinely never tried one of those. Christ knows how this sorry state of affairs has come to pass. It needs rectifying immediately!!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Why does it say temptingly instead of tempting?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Great Combo! Like a lot of good things, why did someone not think of this before.

And the cheese and bacon pastry thing looks good too..

z1ppy

Those cheese and bacon pastry’s are rubbish, seems such a good idea but just full of fail. Pasty crumbles away to nothing and assuming it hot, you get a mouth full of molten crap cheese. What’s worse is that you won’t just try them once.. you’ll convince yourself it must have been a one off mistake.. and try again & again & again…

grum
    Free Member

Get some of this to dip them in:

slowoldman

Maybe there is some patent in existence which means they can’t call them “carbonara flavour”.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member
    stilltortoise
    Free Member

Since Walkers ruined their long-standing and reliable salt and vinegar by making them “Distinctly” Salt and Vinegar I’ve steered well clear of their crisps.

binners

stilltortoise – Does that mean they’re more salty/vinegary than before? Surely its impossible for any snack to be too salty or vinegary? I think the limits were pushed with….

stilltortoise
    Free Member

They’re just…just…NOT THE SAME!!! 👿 😥

[EDIT] Less salty if anything

Pigface
    Free Member

The residue left after a packet of S+V Discos used to make my eyes water and my teeth itch, no idea if they are the same.

grum
    Free Member

stilltortoise – Does that mean they’re more salty/vinegary than before? Surely its impossible for any snack to be too salty or vinegary? I think the limits were pushed with….

These are pretty insanely strong.

globalti
    Free Member

Wow! Top marks to Coop for adding value to an otherwise boring packet of potato crisps.

gozarch
    Free Member

grum – Member

These are pretty insanely strong.

I’m right with you there, Grum. They are almost too salt and vinegary, which is a shocking surprise.

molgrips
    Free Member

I love how it says 6-pack on the front. Dripping with irony 🙂

sandwicheater

Bacon deserts anyone?

[/url]Bacon by sandwicheater, on Flickr[/img]

molgrips
    Free Member

There is no food that cannot be enhanced by the addition of bacon.

I’ll take that challenge.

Hmm.. I’ll go for.. custard cremes.

wwaswas

Beer and bacon!

clubber
    Free Member

Reminds me of these which are just wrong.

And yet, if they’re in the house, they won’t be around for much more than 10 minutes once opened.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/nov/23/guinness-crisps-the-ultimate-pub-snack

Bunnyhop

Since it’s been decided that sugar is bad and fat not too bad, I need some now.

Oh and I’ve just discovered that Walkers prawn cocktail crisps are made from tomato.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Cheese and bacon toasties are the biz, has to be smoked bacon tho.
    Those co-op s&v ones are the best there is. Just soooo moreish and usually on offer at a £1 a bag regularly.

bearnecessities

Walkers, are frankly, shit.

They’ve lost it. Their crisps are flimsy in an effort to conform to XX% less fat and as a result lacking in any texture.

They WILL lose the battle to the Tyrrels/Burts of the world, once the latter pull their heads out of their arse and stop trying to be ‘niche’, by not selling the full range to “supermarket chains” and just whore themselves out to all major retailers and lower the price point just a touch.

Not that I’m too passionate about crisps, but Walkers are a ******* abomination now.

tomhoward

Wwaswas, I think you’ll find that’s a bacon mug full of cheese sauce….

Binners, sit yourself down, we need to have a chat. Mainly so I can understand why on earth you would think that adding cheese and bacon (admittedly just the flavour) to a fried potato snack could possibly, in any way shape or form be a bad thing. Then to know why you didn’t know the golden rule that no savoury food is harmed by the addition of aforementioned cheese or bacon (or pastry, but that’s another thread).

All clear now? Good. Go forth and enjoy your new found knowledge!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeeeeeehaaaa!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

A muffin, some bacon, rubbish processed cheese.

Like what that McDonalds does, but better.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Crispy smokey bacon, melted cheese, on toast with…..
    Marmite!

Honestly, it is fookin scrantastic.

Bregante

Crispy smokey bacon, melted cheese, on toast with…..
    Marmite!

*makes mental note

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also makes mental note, but adds some Lea & Perrins to the recipe.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not sure about Lea Perrins WITH Marmite, but I’d imagine L&P would be Delish as a substitute also.

muggomagic

I’m beginning to think that Binners is no more than a David Cameronesque Tory boy that has never set foot in Greggs. I find it incomprehensible that someone that we are lead to believe loves “a Greggs” such as “call me bin bins” hasn’t tried a Bacon and Cheese savoury.
    Bloody charlatan.

binners

You know when a shark gets into a feeding frenzy? And it’s eyes roll over backwards as it ravenously attacks it’s prey? That’s me in Gregg’s, that is. I don’t notice the egg mayonnaise butties, or the bagels. It’s cheese and onion pasties, steak bakes and sausage rolls. You could have all the girls from this months Razzle having a full on lesbo orgy and beckoning me over to join in and It wouldn’t even register

muggomagic

Binners feeding frenzy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I've never been so confused in my whole life (crisp bafflement content)’ is closed to new replies.