Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I've never asked a tyre question but…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

currently running Maxxis Advantage ‘Exception Series’ on the FS & I must say I like them but, I’m wondering whats as good/better for less dosh, & about the same weight?
    Any experience?

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have never answered one

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

i have never answered one

Neither have I, I thought, wrongly, that I knew everything! 😆

GW
    Free Member

What’s as good/better? 😕 at what exactly?
    and less dosh than what?

I can see why you’ve avoided starting “what tyre?” threads until now

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

🙄What’s as good/better? at what exactly?
    and less dosh than what?

Err, it’s in the question. As good or better than a Maxxix Advantage Exception.
    & less dosh than a…Maxxis Advantage Exception.

I can see why you’ve avoided starting “what tyre?” threads until now

Simply because I’ve never felt the need till now. 🙄

Thanks for you help.

Shadow
    Free Member

Maxxis ardent, Maxxis aspen, Maxxis mininon depends on conditions ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maxxis ardent, Maxxis aspen, Maxxis mininon depends on conditions ?

I’m not a rally driver, I don’t swap tyres to suit conditions, cos basically, for the unitiated, I usually don’t know what the ‘conditions’ are going to be like till I get to the area I’m riding in. Could be Yorky Dales, NYM, Peaks, or the Highlands. (all these have different conditions at any time) & who knows what it’s gonna be like till I get there.
    **** it, I’ll ask someone who knows instead.

jimjam
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

What’s as good/better? at what exactly?
    and less dosh than what?

Err, it’s in the question. As good or better than a Maxxix Advantage Exception.
    & less dosh than a…Maxxis Advantage Exception.

Less rolling resistance? Better pinch flat protection? Better grip on wet roots and rocks? Better traction in deep mud? Better traction in loose over hard surfaces? Better cornering characteristics on the limit of traction? Less sidewall flex? Lighter? ……better how? What don’t you like about the advantage, apart from the price.

float
    Free Member

best be trolling otherwise you are searvhing for a tyre everyone else is looking for.

you seem to be a giant tool though so i cant be bothered to answer properly /drunkedness

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

you seem to be a giant tool though so i cant be bothered to answer properly /drunkedness

I know, we all say things we don’t mean when wev’e had a few.
    It is a genuine question though, here’s me thinking there’d be someone who could just say, ‘I had them but I tried a (inserts a sensible answer) & found them just as good, & they were .50p cheaper & a gram lighter’

But no, all I get is ‘better for what?’ Ok, better for all round performance then, seeing as I don’t change my tyres if the weather goes wonky or there’s different consistency mud than last week.

I’ve taken note of you lot & I’ll be on the lookout for any silly questions you ask &….well, you’ll see! 😉

wwaswas

Maybe if you said what you don’t like about your current tyres?

traildog
    Free Member

What people are trying to tell you is that “better” is subjective.
    Lots of very good tyres out there which will all be “better” at something. If you ride plenty then tyres wear out so quickly that you can afford to experiment a bit and try different ones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I've never asked a tyre question but…’ is closed to new replies.