Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • I've made a wise decision…
  • sc-xc

…and deleted my Facebook account.

I’m not sure I have the emotional resilience to see any gloaty posts tomorrow.

I’m going to try and keep away, anyone else here decided that Facebook is not good for their mental health?

Tiger6791

pretty close

seems to be becoming a life vacuum (worse than STW)

funkmasterp

Occasionally look at my wife’s Facebook and just honestly don’t see the point of it. I’ll create an account then delete it, just to show solidarity with your cause.

chewkw
    Free Member

You have bookmyface?

I have never touched that thing at all …

Life is good without mybookface. 😆

bensongd
    Free Member

not looked at mine in months, feel a lot better for it.

Kryton57

anyone else here decided that Facebook is not good for their mental health?

Yup. I’ve enough issues with my own life, i dont need a stream of other peoples first world problems shoved in my face. Oh wait, hold on…

sc-xc

Great, thanks all. Who needs liberal echo chambers eh?

Oh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dont need a stream of other peoples first world problems shoved in my face. Oh wait, hold on…

🙂

survivor

I’m with you brother….. 🙂

Deleted years ago. You’ll be better off without it.

sadexpunk

whats up hun?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Its very useful. I have very few friends on there & have no interest what people had for dinner, but to follow bike related stuff I find it handy.

EDIT ahh I see its a politics related thing? You can embrace the misery of all the others on here then instead who will be having a big old boohoo tomorrow.

jimjam
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

…and deleted my Facebook account.

I got a new phone a month or so ago and haven’t installed the app. It loses most of it’s pull if you’re not getting constant updates in your hand.

anyone else here decided that Facebook is not good for their mental health?

I think Facebook might be one of the most dangerous inventions of our time.

jam-bo

I quite like Facebook.

jimmy

Did the same yesterday for similar reasons.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it’s very good for my mental health, working from home and living 200 miles from most of my friends, it’s a valuable form of human interaction.

I don’t expect to see any gloating tomorrow. I have embraced the bubble and the two or three Tories still on my friends list (because they are real friends) know better.

jimjam
    Free Member

chakaping

I don’t expect to see any gloating tomorrow.

If you’ve actively disliked Tory specific (or similar) posts, Facebook’s algorithm will probably hide any Tory gloating content from you, and most likely replace it with cats falling off tables or something.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How do you actually delete an a/c? Is there an actual delete button cos I can’t find it!

Cougar

I initially thought you were going to say you were leaving STW..!

You have bookmyface?

I have never touched that thing at all …

I’m amazed you’ve never mentioned it before.

sadexpunk

If you’ve actively disliked Tory specific (or similar) posts,

how do you dislike posts? thatd be reet handy for me to know.

jimjam
    Free Member

Hover over the like button and multiple options will appear which cover the full gamut of human emotions.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d love a “disappointment” emoji.

ads678

I closed mine down about 6 months ago as well, because imo, it’s shit.

I like not being on FB anymore.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Deleted a few weeks back. Superb decision. Problem is I have to phone everybody up now each evening to ask what they are having for tea…

Joking aside though I don’t miss it one bit. Especially as you can still use Facebook messenger to contact people.

garage-dweller

I resisted for ages but stumbled onto a few friends I lost touch with during the my mid to late 20s when life was not so good and I can enjoy a bit of banter with distant friends and randoms even when we’re keeping different schedules and hours in different parts of the world.

It’s a bit like here or even real life just ignore what you don’t like (in my case politics threads) and enjoy the bits you do.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I removed the Facebook and Messenger apps from my phone as I was fed up of it pinging all day long. I still go on briefly once a day, as it is how we organise rides, is where I can find out what’s going on at the kids school as they invariably make the letters into paper planes, and of course it is a useful tool for taking the piss out of mates. But ten minutes a day is more than enough.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s what you make it.

Can’t escape the eclection at the moment – my mates sort of either don’t care or have similar views to me, some of my outlaws are councillors and very vocal members of ‘the other side’ they’re on mute at the moment so I can create my own little bubble of agreement.

simmy
    Free Member

I have a Facebook page for work so have to have a account for that but I don’t go on my personal one anymore – can’t even remember the password or e mail for it.

I think it’s just rubbish, people are addicted to it and it makes them scared of being alone for a minute.

I’d never use it for personal stuff again.

Haze

Thought about it but would miss finding out club news, races, results, etc.

I began unfollowing people who regularly filled my timeline with pap, it’s much better now and really pretty useful.

Would say I’d miss you mate but think I unfollowed you a month ago

sc-xc

😀

nixie

Can’t remember the last time I logged into mine. Should just delete it. Got enough shite to deal with without reading all that drivel as well.

pirahna
    Free Member

I think it’s great. There are several groups I follow that are extremely useful to me. If someone is posting endless amounts of rubbish either unfollow or unfriend them. If your phone keeps alerting you, learn how to use your phone.

v8ninety

Deleted my account about three years ago, haven’t really missed it expect for the Wyre Forrest mtb group

martinhutch

I take it you’re back on FB now then? Unless you were a very prescient Tory, in which case…STRONG AND STABLE!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

Deleted mine over a year ago. Don’t miss it one bit.

Rachel

jwt
    Free Member

I just unfollow the idiots then if they’re really bad unfriend.
    Used to be great to keep in touch with friends abroad, but whatsapp is taking it’s place slowly, maybe I should delete my account?

stumpy01

Debated a few times about deleting my account, but I do find it convenient to keep track of friends that I don’t see often. For example, I’ve got a friend in Australia who regularly puts pics of his 2 kids etc. on.
    It’s nice to see them grow up.

I’ve just taken the app off my phone, so it’s not so convenient to look at. I’ve kept the app on my tablet so I can have a look at the evening, and if I’ve got a photo on my phone that I want to stick on there I just Bluetooth it to the tablet & then upload it. The extra faff involved is quite a good decider as to whether it’s actually worth bothering with.

simon_g

It’s what you make it.

This.

There’s several groups on there that just don’t exist anywhere else – in fact, every community in this web-forum format I still use now all predate facebook. Everything that’s sprung up since is a facebook group – why would you faff about (and pay for) hosting your own forum for a niche thing when facebook does it all for you?

You have lots of control over what you see, including “unfollowing” (without unfriending) people that overshare or that you just tire of seeing updates from.

Dickyboy

I’d be more inclined to not come on here anymore than delete my Facebook account, mind you as others have said I only use it daily and have loads of family abroad who I would know very little about were it not for Facebook + knowing of events going on locally & I use Facebook prime 😉

whitestone
    Free Member

I must admit to being a Facebook refusenik. When it first appeared I didn’t see much point in it as there were (and still are) alternatives for what I want. As FB has developed it has become less and less attractive, it’s basically now an advertising platform with social networking bolted on – its business model is their users providing them with data so they can target those users with adverts. Friends who say “Why aren’t you on FB?” invariably say within a few sentences, “You have to wade through loads of shit to find what you want”. Thanks, you are really selling it!

nickc

Got shot of mine at the beginning of the year and haven’t really missed it at all. I think for folks who use it and get on with it, it’s a useful tool, but for me, not so much. Sucks up too much time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I've made a wise decision…’ is closed to new replies.