Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • I've made a new video!
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

It’s good to hear from you again, Simon. 🙂 And thanks.

Taking everything with a pinch of salt is a good method. I genuinely laughed out loud at Pussywillow’s trolling post. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

That is almost the exact opposite of my latest video, mine is slow, no jumps, no whips, no kicking up dirt, I like the music in mine though, but I would wouldn’t I! Too embarrassed to post it 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    Was it you who did the filming too?
    If so you have too much time on your hands.

I did some of it, yes. By your logic, recreational artists have too much time on their hands too. Make of that what you will.

That is almost the exact opposite of my latest video, mine is slow, no jumps, no whips, no kicking up dirt, I like the music in mine though, but I would wouldn’t I! Too embarrassed to post it 

Get it posted up – you’ve gone to the trouble of making it. You’ll get some prats telling you you can’t ride and the video is boring probs, but wgas? Give it a go anyway

globalti
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed it, except that the “on bike” shots don’t follow the “off bike” shots, which is a bit unsatisfactory.

Oh and those bars are abit wide aren’t they! They must catch on lots of twigs and things.

rocketman
    Free Member

Very good! Great stuff I liked it all.

Not sure if some of the other comments are trolling but for me they conjure up images of fully lycrad/kashimad up 40 somethings riding their niche bikes with 1000 mm seatposts along flat wideopen doubletrack at about 10 mph

Of course I could be mistaken

rOcKeTdOg

Get it posted up – you’ve gone to the trouble of making it. You’ll get some prats telling you you can’t ride and the video is boring probs, but wgas? Give it a go anyway

not on someone elses thread and it’s not good enough for it’s own, easy to find on youtube though, probably

getonyourbike
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

That is almost the exact opposite of my latest video, mine is slow, no jumps, no whips, no kicking up dirt, I like the music in mine though, but I would wouldn’t I! Too embarrassed to post it

Get it posted up – you’ve gone to the trouble of making it. You’ll get some prats telling you you can’t ride and the video is boring probs, but wgas? Give it a go anyway[/quote]

Agreed!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Kinver!!! Yes!! I thought I recognised it!!!

I haven’t read all the comments above, but my 2p worth.

Really enjoyed it up to 2mins…then I was looking for something else.
    Maybe a cutaway to some stills…something to punctuate it.

Some great footage though…and OK riding!!! 😉

SB

badllama
    Free Member

Nice video getonyourbike I know how long it take to shoot stuff like this …..thats why I don’t bother anymore as I want to enjoy a day riding the bike not filming and riding 😀

Only comment I would say is start to think about colour grading the footage to match a bit more you can tell you are shooting with at least two cameras (I reccon 3 actually ) Gopro plus tripod mounted at least and the footage is a different as chark and cheese on each shot which as a viewer distracts me either wind down the contrast and saturation on the tripod mounted one (I’m sure you have actually shot with 2 plus gopro myself) or push it up on your gopro 🙂

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

try not tweaking the bars on every jump, ‘gets a bit cringeworthy after a bit’

^this. Great riding, but trying a bit too hard.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Oh dear…. 🙄
    The guy asked for our advice ffs! I’ve given him some constructive criticism.

getonyourbike- I’m not trolling matey, you asked for our advice and I’ve been honest as I always am, I genuinely hope you learn something from it mate.

What you have to remember is that you’ve posted it up on stw which is full of Lyra clad gimps riding around on the latest 29″ bike!…..you look good to them! 😆 post it up on pink bike and it’s a different story mate, you genuinely look like your trying too hard to be cool but you simply don’t deliver, ok maybe I’m being a bit harsh now, but when you post a thread up asking about ‘what’s my video like’ and then call them a troll cos they haven’t agreed with your expectations, then I’m bound to be a bit pissed off!

Maybe get some proper riding on, on your next video, a big mountain epic with proper steep rocky tracks, that would appeal to people better rather than easy to ride smooth berm baby berm groomed lines with the gay jumps 😆

Seriously though, you aren’t that bad, 😉 that costume you got on though! 😆

robowns
    Free Member

I liked the video, top riding mate. Agree with the above in losing the outtakes though.

You almost make some valid points pussy, but manage to deliver them like a complete arse.

Do you have to be Danny Hart to qualify for posting a vid? No wonder rd doesn’t want to post his.

getonyourbike’s vid is some decent smooth riding – maybe stuff that can be ridden by anyone, but for someone who’s been riding for 3 years looked pretty damn smooth to me – and nothing that deserves a slagging

luke1688

Great riding mate- some of that stuff over Kinver is a lot bigger/harder than it looks so fair play. I need to try hitting some of it one time considering its 10mins down the road.

samuri
    Free Member

The start is the wrongest thing ever. And the end is too but the bit in the middle is ace. Enjoyed that and it made me want to ride my bike, job done, eh?

maxtorque

I thought it was pretty good really. Enough skills and terrain to make it interesting and fun! My last (and probably only) vid was just 48 seconds long, and even i was bored halfway through…….. 😉

pinhead
    Free Member

Right pal

The adverts well fuk them off next time as loada shite

The first photo made me chuckle ha fancy dress?

Riding ok pal just not my kind

richmtbguru
    Free Member

Ok, where do I start….well the general video is ok, but there is improvement to be made on the riding, not that your as bad as some are saying! just ignore the negative feedback as this will not do your confidence any good what so ever! The first thing that I always stress to my clients is positive thinking, this is the key factor in any competitive sport. I’ll talk about that more though in my up and coming peaks pootle ride out thread I have arranged which will give singletrackers the chance to ride out with me and chat about certain aspects of mountain biking that might be bothering them.
    Ok, well the second aspect of your riding I would re-evaluate would would be your core positioning, I would suggest core excersize workouts which will help a great deal towards this, are you a tall rider by any chance? This is something I see a lot with tall riders, there is certain body positioning on a bike that tall riders can gain advantage by using, again I will go into this more on my next thread which is coming up in the near future.
    One more thing before I go, is one of them descents your going down in coedybrenin by any chance? If it is, I think I got the kom on strava, fantastic track though! 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Yeh, at Coedy there’s bits of False Teeth and Bugsy.

I had the KOM on Bugsy for a while until Joe Buck, one of the Nukeproof team Enduro riders took it away. I think I’m still top 10/20 of over 2000 on False Teeth.

EDIT- You Rich Guppy then? Greeny has still got us beat on everything. 😆

chives
    Free Member

Blimey – Kinver never looked like that last I rode it (mind you, my mates Gran was still living in the rock houses… Thought it was good in the main, decent mix of shots and ability on display; fair play!

andyrm
    Free Member

Great video – really liked it and I’m sure your sponsors will be chuffed.

Forget the negative comments on here – as has been said, if you had been doing a slow technical climb on a niche 29er fatbike singlespeed old man bike in lycra you’d have got a more positive response I think! 😉

As for the outtakes – I love them! I think they give the video a bit of “realness” (yes that is a word) and differentiate it from all the usual team rider style things and make it a bit more down to earth. Might nick the idea myself for the one I’m working on, got some worthy outtake candidates of my own on the hard drive from the Great Wood round of Enduro1…….

🙂

bellefied
    Free Member

Great video, loved the outtakes too, although just ditch the Benny hill music and just leave the verbal soundtrack of ouches and oofs.

You are a massively talented rider, but as others have said, you don’t have to trick ALL the jumps and slide every turn, just let most of them flow and throw a few stylish bits in now and then. It’ll look more professional and less like you are trying to impress us.

Other than that the only other criticism was lack of continuity when switching camera angles, you have stitched a wet rocky track rider POV in between two dry forest tracks third person POV.

Great video though, and great riding, I’m sure you’ll continue to improve in both because you obviously love it 😀

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Untuck your shirt + 1
    On occasion you look a bit bandy legged with knees going in all sorts of directions.
    Fair play for having balls to post a vid of yourself riding.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

getonyourbike- I’m not trolling matey, you asked for our advice and I’ve been honest as I always am, I genuinely hope you learn something from it mate.

I can guarantee that he will not learn a thing from you, not a bloody thing. Unless he was trying find out the best way to be a jealous knob then indeed we could all learn a lot from you.

Getonyourbike – good video and some impressive riding ability on display.

nwill1
    Free Member

Awsome this Pete, yeah your not Jared Graves just yet but I’ll bet my bottom dollar your better than many an STW forum member and a dam sight quicker too.

I think you should challenge pussywillow to a few races, XC, DH and Enduro…you’d take them all!

Look forward to ridding Eastridge soon.

N.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks all.

@nwill1- Yeh, it should be good. It’s a shame you’re not free on Sundays because I’m heading to Eastridge tomorrow to get some practise in for the UKGE.

bellefied
    Free Member

deviant – Member
    Good video Pete, i remember you from my MTBE forum days, i also remember you taking your short travel Carrera Fury to the Gravity Enduro at Eastridge and being faster than half the field, good to see how far you’ve come.
    To the doubters on here, the guy can ride and has genuine sponsorship, yes the viseo was ‘showy’….isnt that the idea?

getonyourbike….good to see you on this forum, take the comments with a pinch of salt, this forum is populated with old men who ride rigid 29ers by boutique brands and sneer at anybody else….the MTBing equivalent of a roadie if you like.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POSTForking hell, I assume you must ride a rigid 29er then as your sneering at everyone on this forum, what a tosser!

Getonypurbike is big enough to look after himself without his faghags attacking anyone who offered feedback on his video.

Jeez, get a life

pussywillow
    Free Member

nwill1 – Member
    Awsome this Pete, yeah your not Jared Graves just yet but I’ll bet my bottom dollar your better than many an STW forum member and a dam sight quicker too.

I think you should challenge pussywillow to a few races, XC, DH and Enduro…you’d take them all!

Look forward to ridding Eastridge soon.

N.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

😆

He would easily beat me at xc and enduro cos them two disciplines are for jay boys! 😆

Actually, he would probably beat me at downhill too if he dresses like that cos I’d be rolling around the floor pissing myself! 😆

nwill1
    Free Member

Lets see your vid then Pussywillow…actually this is the wrong forum, this is for mountain bikers your vid may be more akin to http://forums.thefashionspot.com/

singlespeedstu

getonyourbike’s vid is some decent smooth riding – maybe stuff that can be ridden by anyone, but for someone who’s been riding for 3 years looked pretty damn smooth to me

If you could see how big one of those jumps is in real life you may not say that it could be ridden by anyone.
    A clasic case of video making stuff look simple from behind a keyboard.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I should have put Armageddon from Kinver in too. It’s a big step down. 20-25ft would be an accurate description IMO. Should have gone by the ‘go big, or go home’ philosophy. Oh well, I’ll remember for next time.

singlespeedstu

getonyour.
    Just keep going the way you are and take no notice of some of the “experts” on here.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    getonyour.
    Just keep going the way you are and take no notice of some of the “experts” on here.

Acknowledged. 🙂 Thanks.

dave_h
    Free Member

Enjoyable watch. Recording that much riding and then editing it all together takes a fair bit of effort – good job, well done.

My two bits of constructive criticism (minor stuff, didn’t really detract)
    – I’d have preferred to have either seen more consistency in how the ride spots played, like a days journey rather than jumping around, OR have had more variety so it didn’t matter.
    – Outakes went on a bit long. It’s good to see that it isn’t easy so worth putting one or two in.

Keep riding and keep recording it. People will watch and your sponsors will be pleased. Listen to those who offer you advice in the right spirit, ignore those whose lives are too shallow to be constructive.

Sandwich

The outtakes had me worried for your collar bones or wrists in a couple of the crashes!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I didn’t really enjoy it, although I think it was you that posted that video ages ago which was something along the lines of “my style of xc riding” and that was far better.

You should either:

a) trade in the full susser for a hardtail as that’d be more suitable for that terrain and the jumps may not look as laboured.

b) do a proper downhilly type video, as you’ve clearly got the skills, but your choice of terrain in this video didnt really make sense.

crosshair
    Free Member

I liked it! Great riding and ouchy out-takes.
    I bet your bumper sticker says “I ? TAILWHIPS” 😉 😀

getonyourbike
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    I didn’t really enjoy it, although I think it was you that posted that video ages ago which was something along the lines of “my style of xc riding” and that was far better.

You should either:

a) trade in the full susser for a hardtail as that’d be more suitable for that terrain and the jumps may not look as laboured.

b) do a proper downhilly type video, as you’ve clearly got the skills, but your choice of terrain in this video didnt really make sense.Fair points.

The problem for me is getting to suitable riding spots to film some proper DH, as there aren’t really any nearby and I’ve got no transport of my own and then finding someone willing to spend a day filming. Oh, how nice it would be to spend one day riding with a professional videographer and then see the finished product but it’s not going to happen. 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just get the hardtail out and wear some normal clothes then! I think far more people could probably relate to it if you did that, and you’d possibly have received more positive comments.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I've made a new video!’ is closed to new replies.