Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I've just shaved with one of these…
  • finbar
    Free Member

…and I am shocked by how good it was. The razor is very light so I had to be careful not to press down too hard, and it took quite a few passes. But, no irritation and a nice close shave. Better than the expensive Wilkinson Sword Quattro/Mach 3 blades I usually use.

If they weren’t such a waste of plastic I’d be tempted to use them all the time.

finbar
    Free Member

Although this is in the bike forum, I should point out I was shaving my face, not my legs.

Clink

er…make/brand?

njee20
    Free Member

Just a bog standard Bic innit?

cp

I get exactly the same results. More likely to cut, but a better shave.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I bet its only that good for a week or so.

rOcKeTdOg

Shave? Why?

finbar
    Free Member

It’s a Bic Sensitive. £1.90 for 10, so I don’t mind if it only lasts two shaves. Well, apart from the aforementioned waste of plastic, as I don’t think they are recycleable.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I went through a phase of looking for a really close shave and spent a while using an old school safety razor. Gave you a nice shave if you put enough time into it, and the blades were cheap, but I’m a lazy bastard at heart and soon reverted back to the Mach3s. So much quicker and less chance of a knick.

Since then I’ve given up shaving altogether and I’m attempting to grow a beard.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I’m not convinced
    how can that be better – it only has one blade!
    Id have to tape 5 of them together to get the same results as my Stealth Mach 3 Turbo Quattro fusion Proglide

Drac

Tried them when moving away from cartridge type razors, found them terrible.

In true STW style I went for an old fashion style safety razor with disposable blades, should have done it years ago. After the small initial outlay it becomes crazy cheap and a far better shave. I got brave after more than a year of using it and upped the closeness to halfway off full, doubt I’ll need a shave now until later afternoon. With cartridge and disposable razors I would get from morning until lunch time.

finbar
    Free Member

doubt I’ll need a shave now until later afternoon. With cartridge and disposable razors I would get from morning until lunch time.

Haha, that sounds like me. What DE razor did you go for? Merkur?

Cougar

I used the Bic right back when I first started shaving. I used to think that bleeding profusely was normal, moving to a Sensor was a revelation. And that was dealing with teenage bumfluff rather than the wire wool that sprouts from my face these days.

Drac

Of course.

Blade of choice for me Astra Platinum Supreme at £18.99 for a 100 and each blade lasting around up to a week.

ndthornton
    Free Member

doubt I’ll need a shave now until later afternoon. With cartridge and disposable razors I would get from morning until lunch time.

Pah, that’s nothing…
    My face is like the Golden Gate Bridge – by the time I’ve finished my chin my lip is already sprouting again – I have start over

Man points please!

Drac

You use a cartridge razor man points have been struck off.

ndthornton
    Free Member

You use a cartridge razor man points have been struck off.

Thats only cos my super model girlfriend buys them for me
    If I had a choice Id use my Rambo knife

plyphon
    Free Member

Does it make the shave come alive?

brooess
    Free Member

Using a razor to shave? Who’d have thunk it? 😀

footflaps

Not good using disposable razors though, all that plastic will be in landfill for generations….

gobuchul
    Free Member

Blade of choice for me Astra Platinum Supreme at £18.99 for a 100

Drac – You are paying way over the top for your Astras. I get mine off fleabay.

Astra Blades £8 for 100

Drac

Cheers Gobuchul I may have ordered them from there come to think of it but had £18.99 in my head.

Thats only cos my super model girlfriend buys them for me

Try a real girlfriend instead a model one.

binners

My facial hair is so gnnnarrrrrr and manly and rugged, I have to use one of these

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

OP, are you in prison?

finbar
    Free Member

OP, are you in prison?

Whitehall actually. I’m sure there are parallels.

j4mie
    Free Member

I only use an electric shaver these days, every time I ever tried a wet shave in my life I always sliced my face open, so I gave up.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nahh … I only use DE razor so no need to change. Well, I want Feather Stainless Steel Razor ASD2 but just cannot be bothered to order one yet.
    😀

somafunk

I haven’t bothered with a wet shave for over 15 years, once or maybe twice a week if i’m felling posh i will take my hair clippers over my face on their lowest setting – if i could take a pill that permanently got rid of facial hair i would gladly take it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So you’re in Whitehall, & you’re shaving using a prison issue razor?
    You are either,
    A, poorly paid.
    B, Tight as a fish’s arse.
    C, A combination of both.

pymwymis
    Free Member

No one using a cut throat ? On the basis that I can’t be bothered to shave more than once a week and I’m self employed so I can get away with it, I discovered a long time back that this was the way to go. One pass to get through the majority of longer hairs and the second to get everything just so.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Why do so many people still use mach3’s?

I have been using that hydro 3 razor, so much better without those stupid paper based hydration/lube strips that drag after a couple of days.

The hydro ones remain usable for a lot longer I find.

andyl
    Free Member

I gave up shaving. It’s going to be back by lunchtime anyway.

Just use some Philips beard clippers on their lowest setting now.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I use Hydro 5 with the stupid lube strip removed. It’s the only one that you can totally get rid of the strip and the plastic that holds it.
    I find the shaving soap/oil is very important. Any recommendations?

Cougar

“Don’t use oil with a multi-blade razor” would be my first recommendation.

rOcKeTdOg

I haven’t bothered with a wet shave for over 15 years, once or maybe twice a week if i’m felling posh i will take my hair clippers over my face on their lowest setting – if i could take a pill that permanently got rid of facial hair i would gladly take it.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Soap then? I use either Dove or E45 soap. Neither are perfect.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I use Hydro 5 with the stupid lube strip removed. It’s the only one that you can totally get rid of the strip and the plastic that holds it.
    I find the shaving soap/oil is very important. Any recommendations?

I find the hydro 3 a bit better.

I leave the strip in and use the green king of shaves saving serum, not the gel. Seems to work well and compliments the strip gel so I use less when the strip is new.

I tried the stuff that matches the strip (nivea?) but didn’t like it.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I've just shaved with one of these…’ is closed to new replies.