Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Ive just put the heating on!
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Must be old age.

CheesybeanZ

Have you run out of jumpers and long trousers ?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Good point,I’ll put them over my Asthma.

IHN

Cycling into work today, in August, I thought to myself that I could do with some gloves cos my hands were really quite cold. In August. IN AUGUST 👿

bruneep

It’s a struggle here.

CheesybeanZ

Good point,I’ll put them over my Asthma.

As an asthma suffer I’d rather put a layer of clothing on than the central heating .

jimdubleyou

Our heating is on a thermostat.

It kicked in this morning so the house must have been under 12C.

zippykona

It’ll be a scorcher next Wednesday as I’ve got to wear a bloody suit all day long.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Feel better now,thanks for your understanding.

Klunk
    Free Member

your supposed to make some ill informed comment about “global warming”. Bloody amateurs !

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Zippykona – no chance of a scorcher next Weds – I’m camping

jon1973
    Free Member

I blame brexit / Thatcher / Trump / Western Foreign policy / Michael Fish

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    your supposed to make some ill informed comment about “global warming”. Bloody amateurs !

All this putting the heating on contributes to global “warming” which screws up the weather, meaning you need the heating on more, so you get more warming. It’s called global warming because it’s a result of us all putting the heating on instead of a jumper, which would be global wrapping up instead.

That do you?

Jon those / should be &

Drac

Are you in the south?

Klunk
    Free Member

That do you?

mleh 😐

globalti
    Free Member

Your heating has been switched off? Ours has been coming on mornings and some evenings because mysteriously the hall ‘stat keeps turning itself up to 22c.

We endured the warm spell in June with the Aga still running and the temperature in our south-west facing kitchen with bifold doors hitting 28c in the afternoons. I managed to turn it off when we went away on holiday and happily I’m the only person who knows how to re-light it because the piezo is broken and you need to use a spill through a small port. I shall re-light it next month if I’m feeling benevolent.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Northeast drac.Bloody peaced down all day yesterday.

zanelad
    Free Member

It’ll be a scorcher next Wednesday as I’ve got to wear a bloody suit all day long.

Hope your acquitted. 😀

nickc

You can’t win, I got the piss ripped out of me ‘cos I put a jumper on! 😆

RustySpanner

Wasn’t it merino?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,m putting a hoodie on before I roam the mean streets

bikebouy
    Free Member

22C thermostat set, my heatings been on and off all summer.
    No need to feel cold.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Perhaps weirdly, despite today’s breeze being northerly, I still have the mancave window open. Feels comfortable with t-shirt and sweatshirt, last week I was still feeling a bit chilly in my Altura Peleton Transformer.

E7 heating coming on? Not a chance! 😆

gonefishin
    Free Member

Northeast drac.Bloody peaced down all day yesterday

You say northeast but you really mean northeast of England right? In which case the answer to Drac’s question is pretty much yes 😉

blader1611
    Free Member

14c here in Leeds today with a very strong wind, still in my shorts though coz i am a hardened northerner ( i wont mention i am wearing a hoodie).

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve just split some kindling and loaded the stove, ready to go.

pondo

40+ degrees here in Sicily. 😀

tonyg2003

Just in airport waiting flight home. You aren’t cheering me up about coming back 🙁

turboferret

I was surprised to find our radiators warm this morning after the nice warm spell.

Cheers, Rich

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Where was this warm spell?

spekkie
    Free Member

Overcast today and lovin’ it. Will get to ride earlier if I don’t have to wait for the worst of the temp to cool down. We’ve being dying over here – haven’t slept properly for a week!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My heart bleeds for you spekkie.

globalti
    Free Member

When it’s not raining the weather at the moment is perfect, there’s still warmth in the sun yet the air is fresh at about 15c so a single LS jersey is sufficient on the bike. I do carry a windproof though for the mad sprint the last 2 miles home after the pub as it gets a bit chilly after sunset.

Drac

‘Have I been pwned?’ is great for checking this kind of thing.

Did it? How did you manage that when it was sunny most of the day here. Or do you mean not quite the NE?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I suspect ours will be coming on, on Tues when Mrs gets home from NYC, it’s high 20’s there now.

As per usual it will be set at 30c for a hour until it’s unbearable, then set to 5c until she’s cold again, then 30c….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ours is normally banned between the end of May till October, but Mrs Efg has been through some shit lately & deserves to be as warm as she wants.
    I just stand outside to get cooled off. 🙄

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ve stopped looking at the stove and just put a match to it, now undressing!

funkmasterp

Still in shorts or trousers and T-shirt here in Macclesfield. I think I’m broken though as I am too warm most of the year. Orla the Gro Owl is telling me it’s 19.6 degrees in mini funks room

Rockape63
    Free Member

Got my new double sided log burner going nicely in Surrey!

sweepy
    Free Member

Shorts and t shirt here in the Highlands, if it chills once the sun goes down I’ll put on a jumper

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Ive just put the heating on!’ is closed to new replies.