Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I've got my stolen Scandal back!
  • 2bit

Hi all

Finally have the last news and I can regale you all with the loooooong BUT eventual happy story of my bike on ebay 😉 as seen here – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-bike-on-ebay

I've been moving house hence the delay in delivering the outcome……

The police decided that the best course of action was to give them the sellers mobile number, them pretend to be my mate (who won the ebay auction) and arrange a cash on collection (where they'd turn up in numbers & nick the theiving little f%^%er).

The seller took ages to respond to any emails, voicemails & txt messages so whilst trying to arrange the 'collection' the police had 3 courses of action –

><Trace the mobile no. & hope it turned up on their database
    ><Wait for ebay to supply the sellers details
    ><Actually meet up with him as above

Various days passed without a succesful meeting arrangement. One got arranged but the seller wanted to do it in a park which the police decided held v little chance of them ctaching him as he had a v v good chance of legging it.

In the meantime the sellers number turned up on the police db as one involved in a gumtree ad robbery and upon further investigation turned out that they had a good idea who it was & where they lived.

A warrant was obtained & they smashed his door down and there in all its glory was my bike (along with 2 others – a 'tasty road bike' and a hybrid, which they've yet to trace the owners. I've put them onto various forums to try and help find the owners).

I'm v v v surprised to get it back tbh as I'd totally written it off.
    The police were helpful & honest but did take f£$£!en ages to do anything positive and I had lost faith.

Many thanks to everyone who helped & chipped in with advice and posts and/or spotted it on ebay. Wouldnt have happened without you.

It just goes to show that knowledge is power and the internet can be a wonderful thing –

The combined eyes & knowhow of the forums and internet got me my bike back

The police said they've not had a huge amount of luck with ebay in the past but I've put them onto the various threads here regarding the bristol bike bod so hopefully they'll glean the info & gain some skills in handling ebay

My advice for you all having just been through a 3 month bike stolen/spotted/retrieval journey is –

Take photos (of your bike)
    Write down all parts, serials & identifying features
    Take more photos (of your bike)
    Tell everyone – LBS', forums, the police etc
    Keep an eye out on gumtree, ebay, loot etc etc

(Dont get it nicked in the first place)

Once again – many many thanks to everyone

whyterthanwhite
    Free Member

Hello Jamie,

I have been following your stolen scandal thread for a while now and thouhg tthings had died down.

OBVIOUSLY NOT!

That's fookin awesome news buddy.

Good on yer.

I don't want to take the credit 😛 😆

whyterthanwhite
    Free Member

Double post.

probably get 100's of relies on this thread anyway so will mask my mistake 😛

fadda

I remember the original thread – great news, mate!

sv

Superb – hope the scrote gets more than a slap on the wrists.

MrAgreeable

That rocks, and well done for not giving up! Sounds like the police did everything right in the end, shame eBay weren't more co-operative though. Probably too busy rolling around in baths full of virtual money. 🙄

Bunnyhop

Really good news.
    Because of you, there maybe more chance in the future of further arrests and bikes getting back to their rightful owners.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice one.

racefaceec90

excellent!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

roper
    Free Member

ohhh well done.
    Great news indeed. 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

top job cop

dawson

thats good news there fella!

(LOL @CFH's post!…)

legend76
    Free Member

good news mate i signed up to stw after doing a pic search on google of scandals having just bought one myself,saw yours then saw it again on ebay so i registered with stw to inform you lol…great website though 😉

2bit

Yup – great site indeed.
    without it I wouldnt have my bike back

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Ah,'tis good news. 🙂

GSter
    Free Member

Great News,
    I emailed Cwmdown and mentioned this directly to them, contacted Ebay etc.
    ……..thank goodness your bike is back with you.

Applause to the Old Bill for sorting this out !

Great Team work

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I've got my stolen Scandal back!’ is closed to new replies.