Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I've got £150 to spend on a biking jacket …. help me spend it!
  • jj55

I’ve got £150 to spend. I need a biking jacket.I’m looking for something that’s going to primarily keep me dry & warm, what do you suggest?

DaveGr
    Free Member

LBS are selling jackets off. Haven’t used Altura myself so can’t vouch for their effectiveness but their prices are good.

Altura

Klunk
    Free Member

endura stealth jacket

heechee
    Free Member

endura stealth is about that price. I have one, it will keep you dry and warm.

Even when freezing this jacket will keep you warm and dry with just a base layer underneath. Downside which I expect to suffer myself as it gets warmer, could be that its just too warm for milder conditions.

AlasdairMc

Go to your local Reebok outlet store and pick up a Windstopper Active running jacket for £27. Spend the rest on merino base layers etc.

No drop tail, but a nice active cut perfect for road biking among other things.

Trekster
    40mpg
    Suggsey
    Free Member

Have to say that my Altura Attack (REACT fabric) is very very good, in fact the best waterproof and more breathable than my old Gill Prospeed eVent. Wore it with just merino baselayer this wednesday when it was about 4C and it was plenty warm enough.
    Shop around and you could probably get the shorts with it too within your budget.

Pieface

There was a review in the last issue

br
    Free Member

Endura Stealth for winter, Gore Phantom for spring and autum.

Mark78
    Free Member

As long as you never wash it the Endura Stealth is great and the best jacket I’ve own so far, fit was perfect and I could wear it all day with just a baselayer underneath. First hand wash the water is pink, 8 months later the glued seams are coming apart and its pink. Second one went the same and yes I do have other water proof gear which has lasted years so I’m not useless. Real shame as it was great to wear while it lasted.
    Waiting to get my hands on a Montane soft shell now, which isn’t waterproof, but is apparantly water resistant. So going to try that with a basic waterproof pack away jacket.

jj55

Thanks for these suggestions – any more?

iainc

I got a Stealth in December and have worn it since – probably 20 rides. It’s been in the machine with the rest of my riding kit probably 5 times and it’s perfect. On the few rides the temp has been above about 7 degress it’s too warm, coupled with a thin merino base.

I also have an Altura Attack React – I’ve only worn it once, on a right cold foul night ride, since I got the Stealth

Trekster

I have a Montane Velocity and just layer up depending on temp etc. Had it couple of years now, has a few holes in it from crashes but is the best jacket I have bought. Was very tempted the other week to get a new one….
    I also have a Gore jacket(not sure which)but prefer the Velocity for temp control, get too warm in the Gore one..
    Rab do nice ones as do Pearl Izumi

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I've got £150 to spend on a biking jacket …. help me spend it!’ is closed to new replies.