Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • i've created a monster…
  • jam-bo

not quite there yet, still got a top out issue with the forks, need to tinker with the spacers and drop the forks another 10mm. got a mix/match headset/race in there just to give it a ride but:

highclimber
    Free Member

I hear many good things about them but I can't get the thought out of my head that it looks like its been built using off-cuts from a sheffield foundary!

retro83
    Free Member

fugly yet strangely alluring

juiced
    Free Member

looks fine.

jam-bo

w00p. travel sorted, headset sorted, top out sorted.

just need to wait for it to cool down a bit and I can do more than up and down the road.

stevede
    Free Member

Looks like thats going to be loads of fun down gawton (thats your local if i'm not mistaken), how much have you lowered the totems? I've got the same year five with pikes, wide bar short stem, 521's,slx double and bash etc and is an absolute scream – thinking of swapping out my rp23 for a new pushed van r though, does it still pedal uphill and across ok with a coil fitted?

jam-bo

Pedals fine as long as your smooth, I had a manitou swinger in there before which was awful.

I've dropped the totems to 160mm, given it the car park and road climb outside my house test and it feels good.

I've been riding it at gawton/woodlands with pikes on and it's brilliant, just gets out of depth pretty quick when it steepens up. Egypt is challenging on it but should be better now.

Gonna keep two sets of wheels built up with heavy/light tyres.

tomhughes46

I've dropped the totems to 160mm

May I ask how? Are they coil or air? I'd quite like to try this, although maybe I should just buy Lyriks…

jam-bo

Coils. 20mm of spacers On the pushrod below the spring. Adds a bit of preload but no bad thing.

I would have bought lyriks but no money and I had these spare.

tomhughes46

Thanks. Will stick with the Domains for a bit but want an air fork so I can tune it for my 110lb weight!

jackthedog
    Free Member

What's monstrous about it? Looks good 🙂

jam-bo

and it rides sooo well. brrraaaaappppp!!!!!

sharki
    Free Member

It even climbs well, but maybe that's because of the closet roadie on it 😉

Nice little loop tonight, you shoulda come and nailed Bowermans on it instead of playing on the built stuff..

But brappp! indeedy

jam-bo

yeah. hindsight and all that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘i've created a monster…’ is closed to new replies.