Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I've broken a nail
  • aracer
    Free Member

Have a lengthwise crack in my big toenail, which has now extended right back to the root. Who should I see – GP, chiropodist, podiatrist or somebody else?

yossarian
    Free Member

LBS

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just use thicker nail varnish…

ski
    Free Member

pull it off and ride the pain 😉

leftyboy
    Free Member

podiatrist as GP will either 'have a go' or send you to a podiatrist

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Super glue is always the answer.

I broke a big toe nail which kinda stayed hanging on and the nail grew back underneath; didn't even think of seeing a doctor.

Murray

I thought the answer was always duck tape?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Superglue (you could superglue a surface to it to "splint it"), wrap it, keep it clean, MTFU, go see someone if it starts to go wrong. Otherwise pretty much all they'll do is send you away I'm sure, they'd not want to be doing a ring block and removing your nail for the sake of a split that might or might not get worse.

MrNutt
    Free Member

superglue, flipflops and a pingpong ball

aracer
    Free Member

removing your nail for the sake of a split that might or might not get worse.

Well the split's not going to get any worse – there's nowhere left for it to go!

igm

New skin (I think Vaseline made it) used to be spot on for this. It went soft on skin but hard on nails.

I was a serial toe nail breaker due to being very bad at drop goals in the Scots winter as a kid – kicking frozen ground if you need it explained.

naokfreek
    Free Member

+1 superglue

samuri
    Free Member

Clip the nail back as far as you are man enough for, the rest will heal.

aracer
    Free Member

the rest will heal.

The whole point is that it's not. Have had a bit of a split for ages and tried superglue etc., but it's now split right the way back. I don't know if I'm not explaining properly – I can't trim the whole of the split bit off as that would involve cutting right back to the root beyond where I can see.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I've broken a nail’ is closed to new replies.