Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I've been to the doctors, now I need a Singletrack diagnosis
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

I went to see the doc last week because I was having a sharp chest pain infrequently when I breathed in. He suspected pleurisy.

On Monday I started having a new chest pain. This was a continuous pain which was not linked with my breathing. Occasionally, the pain would suddenly increase and stay at that level for a while before gradually dropping.

Been to see doctor again. He’s had a listen to my chest, I’ve had an ECG and an x-ray. He thinks I am fine, nothing to worry about.

I find it difficult to accept I’m fine if I’ve still got this chest pain.

Anyone had anything similar?

beefheart
    Free Member

I suspect you need a dose of MTFU.

chudsy
    Free Member

Where about in your chest is the pain? Chostocondritus or Tietze’s Syndrome are worth looking up.

Cheezpleez

If you’re worried enough to get an opinion from a different doctor then it’s probably worth doing. You should be able to see another GP without too much trouble.

Much better than letting us numpties diagnose you 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Sounds like Dutch Elm Disease to me.

thepurist

I had spells of acute stabbing pain on the lhs of my chest. Went to the doc who told me I was fine then the next day Mrs P noticed a small rash on my back – shingles. The next 2 weeks were spent living by my painkillers.

scaredypants

It’s either Prinzmetal’s angina or Forfuch’s ache

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds psychosomatic, son.

ski
    Free Member

I would step away from your keyboard before you stress yourself out any more, if it worries you then go see your GP again

OCB
    Free Member

Pulled intercostal muscles?

My dad had a series of sharp chest pains in recent weeks, and having had a replacement heart valve a few years back, he thought he was in serious trouble, but a quick trip to the GP reassured him it was just pulled muscles (probably from being dragged about by his dogs) – gave him a hearty pat on the back, and told him to MTFU and get on with it.

… but, at least he had it checked out.

Houns

Cat aids

darrenspink
    Free Member

Have you been to another planet recently and see any strange eggs?

Seriously as others have said, if you are still having these pains get another opinion.

tthew

My missis had pains exactly as you describe, and convinced herself she was having a heart attack. I did manage to explain that as it had been going on for a couple of weeks, it was unlikely to be that.

Turns out one of the underwires on her favorite bra was sticking out and poking her in the chest.

Do you need new lingerie OP?

crapjumper
    Free Member

Car keys in your chest pocket ?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Buy a new chest, oak is nice.

Next!

Northwind

A mate of mine reported stabbing pains in the chest after he got shot with an arrow. It’s not a common ailment so a GP could easily miss it.

sparkyrhino

Feline TB

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I've been to the doctors, now I need a Singletrack diagnosis’ is closed to new replies.