Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I'm pissed and am scheduled for a big trail ride early tomorrow…
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I'm pissed. Have drunk (I think) about ten pints over the course of today (since 14.00 hours) and am meeting a mate for a five-hour epic tomorrow early (set-off @ 07.30). Will I be ok?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

NO i got wasted the other night and was in bed till 3pm but i do seem to suffer bad hangovers a lot these days

snaps
    Free Member

No you will die!
    Seriously though drink half a pint of water & go to bed – you'll be fine if a little slow in the morning 😐

aleigh
    Free Member

i got wasted in brechfa a few weeks ago – had a thumping headache and was ill 😯

still managed to do the green and blue trails though 😀

hazeii
    Free Member

It's called carbo-loading.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I ate a so-called steak-sandwich at a Weatherspoons about three hours ago and since arriving back home I have drank about two pints (so far) of water and have eaten a whole bag of Barratt's Milk Bottles. Is this the training regime of champions do you think? Would Oli Beckinsale adopt a similar routine do you think?

hitman
    Free Member

isotonic drinks

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

hitman, I'm on it. I have two bottles of Tesco's finest own-brand isotonic drinks in the fridge ready for the early start. Have texted my mates to agree a rendevous so I miss out the first climb of the day. Should work out ok…

fbk
    Free Member

lol – been there, nearly always regretted it but usually feel much better after the first DH.

I'm getting P'd tonight too, but then it's just a gentle ride tomorrow with my bro so all good.

Def 2nd the isotonic drinks and lots of water before bed – you'll be grand.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

your typing is fine so you can't be too pissed. You'll be fine.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Have been really careful with typing. Yep, should be fine, doing my favourite ride anyway – starting @ Llangollen, riding up to World's End, across the boards into Llandegla, doing all of that, then back out and down via the natural singletrack along the cliffs back to Llangollen – a classic ride, hungover or not!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I haven't got any route details, but head up to World's End and you'll see where the boards begin on your left. Where you enter Llandegla, exit at the same point, head uphill until you reach the masts, keep on the singletrack back to the road, then, it's a little tricky to describe. Also, I have to be up early and can't give you any more details – sorry!

dobby156
    Free Member

it depends how your gut feels, if you feel all bloated and sluggish forget it, if not you'll be good to go and you will ride off any other effects in minutes.

samuri
    Free Member

Would Oli Beckinsale adopt a similar routine do you think?

He might have won some international events if he'd have adopted your style.

timothecimmerian

I had a birthday bash Friday night and got home at 1.00am and because the wife and kids were away visiting relatives I felt compelled to hit the single malt and play music until 5.00am when the sunlight coming through suggested I should get some sleep. My brother ringing up at 8.30am wasn't welcome, but I managed to get out and do nearly 20 miles of mud plugging. However, about 10 miles in, the hangover was gone.

Magic! (but not recommended….the first 5 miles was pergatory)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I'm pissed and am scheduled for a big trail ride early tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.