Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I've been in the garage, building something
  • andrewh
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

Is it a bike?

sefton
    Free Member

ti bottle cages?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Paint by numbers tubing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that a Pronghorn?

one-man-and-his-dog
    Free Member

why the dust sheet?

sc-xc

I bet they’re ace, and really expensive. But I don’t like the cable things.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Pronghorn

God knows why they feel the need to put the measurements on the frame, it’s like walking round with your labels hanging out of your clothing.

TheFlyingOx

Awesome. Pronghorn HT. Bet that is rapido.

sefton
    Free Member

whats with the beads?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Do the tyre logos align with the valve?

andrewh
    Free Member

It is a Pronghorn, PHM1-CHBT hardtail. Very nice, feels very quick on first test run. Think they use the numbers as the name is even more cumbersome!
    100mm coil sprung forks with fairly hefty wheels, Chris King on Stans Alpine and sturdy Middleburns. 21.2Lbs. Frame is 1,080g with 99 year warrenty, which at my age is lifetime!
    First proper outing will be the Nationals at Dalby next weekend. Will be collecting my PR6 full suss then too 🙂

Dust sheets are merely to have a plain background, I know what you are lot are like for spotting problems with weeds in gardens, and I have plenty!

And yes, logos do align with valves 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Could have ironed your dust sheets.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Looks very very nice/fast.

But, IMO, although you had valves and logos lined up, plus brake and gear cables not too long, you had the crankset at no sensible angle, and the chain wasn’t on the big ring.

So, soz mate, fail.

BTW – are they Pace forks?

donsimon
    Free Member

Is the bike on a very, very, very big white, unironed sofa?
    Very nice BTW.

andrewh
    Free Member

I don’t own an iron.

Sefton, yes Ti. I’m far too hamfisted for carbon ones.
    Strato, what are the rules regarding crankarm placement? I had the Middleburn name the right way up, what else should I be doing?
    And yes they are Pace forks, old RC36 Hollowforms. Got some Magura Durin Races for the full suss, along with much lighter wheels and a fancy integrated bar/stem thingy, rest of the build is pretty similar. Hoping to get that under 21LBs.

If anyone wants to see a Pronghorn in the flesh come and say hello at BMBS at Dalby or National/Euro 24hrs at Newcastleton, we’ll be the bright orange people. Not many around and the full susses are erm… different looking, so they get a bit of attention. Very fast though 😀

TrevorB

I would be interested to hear what your “much lighter wheels” will be. I have just built up the same Kings/Alpine wheels and they are 1460g ex skewers!

flatfish
    Free Member

Dust sheets are to hide the shonky house with weeds

4ndyB
    Free Member

andrewh, you don’t happen to know a Shaun Baxter do you? He’s got a Pronghorn full susser & I think he knows some of the team

TheFlyingOx

Is it the PR6 carbon you’re getting/have got? Rear sus linkage plate things have had a bit of a bad run on a couple I know of, and the ones on mine managed to unscrew themselves from the shock mount bolt. I’ve swapped to the alloy ones off the standard PR6 as a precaution.

brakes
    Free Member

like that a lot
    looks like a grey import car!
    not sure about the grips though, mainly the red bits, what are they?

andrewh
    Free Member

Trev, the much lighter wheels, half a pound lighter for the pair, are Tune Prince/Princess on Alex XCR-Pro Scandium rims with DT Aerolite and DT alloy nipples. Around 1,200g. But for wet races I’ll be using the Kings, the Tune freewheel is a bit unreliable in the wet, on my third now after two seasons.

4ndy, the name sounds vaugly familiar but I can’t place him. May have just seen it written on a results/entry sheet somewhere.

TFO, yes it will be a carbon one. Next week, now customs have finally released it! Not heard about the linkage plates problem. Is this a gradual or sudden thing, ie working loose or suddenly popping out? I strip and rebuild the race bikes after every use so I’ll keep an eye out for that and hopefully catch the issue before it arises. There is a new version out, I’ve got the integrated seatpost one coming. I know they have made a few prototypes with different stuctures around the base of the post to get that right, so hopefully sorted the linkage issue in the redesign process.

Brakes, grips are ODI Lock-ons with TIBolts titanium bolts and Cane Creek Ergo Control II bar ends. Quite heavy but I’d never use any other sort of grip.

Flatfish, please keep quiet about me growing weed in the house, you don’t know who reads these things!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I thought it was a dexter kill room for a sec, nice but don’t like the cables.

duntmatter
    Free Member

we’ll be the bright orange people.

stratobiker
    Free Member

@andrewh – rules regarding crank placement.

Either in line with the chainstay. Like this…….

Or, in line with the seat tube. Like this…..

…..and always on the big ring, part way up the block so that the jockey wheels in the rear mech align vertically.

This is serious stuff! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

and pedals horizontal!

miketually
    Free Member

Cluttered handlebars make Baby Jesus cry.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what are the ti cages?

andrewh
    Free Member

Cluttered? I can still fit a stopwatch and 2 lights on there, loads of room 😉 Actually find I have more space for stuff on these narrow flat bars than I do on wider risers as the curves is a no-no for mounting lights and things. With regards to Baby Jesus, as the song says, not even cows mooing and waking him up made him cry so I don’t think my bars are going to upset him too much.

The cages are LifeLine Ti. Little spindly things, 22g apiece, but surprising sturdy, had them for two years and not broken one, and I tend not to be very gentle with my bottles, especially if I’ve timed it a bit wrong and need to have my hand free again to brake fairly soon…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I've been in the garage, building something’ is closed to new replies.