Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ITV HD showing 'Granada Region' weather??
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

It does this but i’m in West Yorkshire??

For instance when tea-time news and it switches to Calendar (local news programme) it shows for the Granada studio/region instead of the Leeds one it should do

Anyone elses do the same?

geoffj

I’d rather have Granada’s weather

http://www.yr.no/sted/Spania/Andaluc%C3%ADa/Granada/

patriotpro
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    I’d rather have Granada’s weather

For that Granada, yep me n all.

geoffj

For a serious answer, could you point your aerial at a different transmitter?

project
    Free Member

Freview and various transmitters are being reprogramed today, some chanels are moving and some going, re tune tonight.

all for something called 4g which is stealing some of the old channels.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Sorry, should have pointed out – It’s Virgin…

jfletch
    Free Member

On Sky all of the ITV (and BBC) regions have individual SD channels. When you program the box the channel(s) corresponding to your location are simply assigned to the number 103 (and 101,102 etc).

You can watch the other channels if you find them in the EPG in the 900s or something.

However with HD the individual channels for each region don’t exist. There is just one HD channel for the whole country. BBC choose to display a holding message when local programming is on saying to view it on the SD channel. I assume ITV simply choose Granada as the “national channel” to broadcast on the HD channel.

I assume its the same on Virgin.

jimc101
    Free Member

Calender isn’t broadcast in HD, therefore in West Yorks, you don’t get it, same as a lot of other regions.

Look at BBC1 HD when the local news programming is on. They just have an info card up.

thomthumb
    Free Member

ITV is for plebs. don’t worry about it.

HTH 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Gotcha – cheers for the replies all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ITV HD showing 'Granada Region' weather??’ is closed to new replies.