Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Itunes on Hi-Fi without computer (sorry! wrong forum)
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

Sometimes I think it’s a shame to be wasting power by having my laptop on only to be using it to listen to Itunes.

My current set up is Itunes on Mac, Library on NAS, amp and speakers.

My amp has just given up the ghost so I’m looking to replace it but then I started thinking that perhaps it’s time to revamp the system.

I’d be interested in a standalone device that can store and reproduce music whilst powering my speakers. Ideally it would have a smartphone/tablet interface and be network connected in order to import new music.

Does this exist?

If not, then what other options are there out there?

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you’re replacing the amp, many modern ones have built in network streaming and can pull from various online services and local NAS etc.

That said, while my current amp has all that, I still prefer my Squeezebox which is just nicer to use (it has an app for it. Though so does my amp, but it’s not so nice).

As for iTunes, don’t know. I don’t do Apple. All my music (flac format) is simply stored in folders and I point whatever music server I’m using to those folders.

somouk
    Free Member

You’ll struggle to find something with a built in HDD. The best solution will probably be a network aware amp.

Or a Pi connected to the amp running musicbox.

russianbob
    Free Member

Naim HDX?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Sonos do kit that will do what you want. Connect will plug in to your amp, or Connect Amp if you just want to keep your speakers and need to power them.

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/system

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/products/wireless-stereo-components

yosemitepaul

Naim UnitiQute2, use your existing speakers. They’ll certainly sound better than any Sonos system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Itunes on Hi-Fi without computer (sorry! wrong forum)’ is closed to new replies.