Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Itunes & Iphone help please!
  • mccraque

Singletrackers…please save my sanity! I’ve been trawling the net with little success.

I’ve an iPhone 5 with the latest IOS software. I have the latest ITunes on my PC.

Do you think that ITunes will recognise that the bloody thing is attached?

My pc knows it is attached. I can transfer photos too and fro. But not ITunes the program. No option to sync or back up and doesn’t appear as it used to, as a connected iPhone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ITunes, tried phone resets….nothing…

Thanks!

Cougar

Genuine lightning cable or a copy?

Someone will be along shortly to tell you to buy a Mac.

mccraque

genuine.

was working. Now isn’t.

I won’t be buying a mac! But would be nice if it would just work!!

iain1775
    Free Member

Mine does this sometimes, usually recognises it again if I plug the lead into a different USB socket

dti

have you ‘upgraded’ to windows 10 by any chance?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I cannot help directly as I’m Mac based and haven’t experienced this. When you say phone reset do you mean a power down (slide to switch off) or a proper reset holding down the home button and the one on the top ? There are some options in iTunes as to actions on connecting a device but I don’t think that is it as if iTunes is running it should automatically see the phone

batfink
    Free Member

Apologies if this is too basic:

the newer versions of iTunes don’t display the connected devices the same as the old ones did – a little phone icon now appears underneath the play/forward/back controls (same place as you select music, TV shows, movies etc).

Is it possible that you just haven’t spotted this icon?

Again, apologies if that’s too basic

mccraque

I’m not gettign the little icon under the play/pause icons.

The odd thing being when I plug the phone in, It registers on the laptop as being there. It imports the photos and videos. But….I flick to Itunes and there’s no sign of it. This is on Windows 10.

Had another laptop – running an older windows, but with itunes. Same thing happens. So am assuming it must be something on the phone settings….

and when I say re-set, I’ve reset all the network settings, and also tried turning it fully off, and on again.

Alas, no joy as yet!

batfink
    Free Member

Have you tried all this?
    https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204095

mccraque

yep…no joy!

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I recently had a few problems with ITunes syncing and Batfink is right about the new icon and different options.

Also, I got ITunes helpdesk to ring me to sort a different problem out. They rang me and we were on the phone for an hour (I’d well and truly scuppered my Itunes when I’d moved all my folders around on my pc). Very helpful and totally free….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Itunes & Iphone help please!’ is closed to new replies.