Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iTunes help
  • davedodd
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Probably me being stupid, but how do I copy tracks from iTunes onto an SD card?
    Ta
    Dave

allthegear
    Free Member

Click on the track in iTunes and then drag it to the SD card.

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

True drag & drop… 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Drag & drop? You shooer?

If not, you have to find the folder it’s in (right click, information) and copy it from there.
    Most will probably be in
    C:\Users\\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music (windows 7)
    or
    C:\documents and settings\\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music (XP)

davedodd
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’d already tried that, seems it won’t let me do more than an album at a time, which is a shame as I want to transfer nearly 6gb!

davedodd
    Free Member

Oh, I’m on a Mac by the way.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Oh the irony if a Mac won’t allow you to drag and drop from iTunes when a PC can

Drac

Why use iTunes for it just use the folder.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh the irony if a Mac won’t allow you to drag and drop from iTunes when a PC can

Put that irony down son, I just dragged and dropped to a SD card on my Macbook Pro. Several albums as well.

Why use iTunes for it just use the folder.

Because it’s easier to drag and drop from iTunes silly! 😉

…especially for multiple artists.

epicyclo

I’ve spent all yesterday and today reloading CDs onto my Mac.

iTunes seems to have eaten* several hundred of them over the years and I’m gradually putting them all back in.

*or it could have been our teenage monsters thinking that’s crap, and deleting it.

allthegear
    Free Member

Make a playlist of the music you want and then drag & drop from there – all in one go.

Otherwise, find the files and drag & drop from there. To do his on a Mac, you’ll find that the iTunes Munsic folder (inside the user’s home folder, inside Music, acts a bit odd. What you need to do is right-click on it and choose Package Contnets and then you can see all the files inside…

(It is a .app folder and start iTunes when you open it, automatically. This is also how all the applications work too – try right-clicking on them and having a poke around inside. DON’T change anything!!!)

Rachel

IA

You can drag and drop on a mac, works fine.

I assume it’s to fill music onto a phone or similar? Can i recommend:

http://ilari.scheinin.fidisk.fi/itunemywalkman/

Jamie
    Free Member

Otherwise, find the files and drag & drop from there. To do his on a Mac, you’ll find that the iTunes Munsic folder (inside the user’s home folder, inside Music, acts a bit odd. What you need to do is right-click on it and choose Package Contnets and then you can see all the files inside…

(It is a .app folder and start iTunes when you open it, automatically. This is also how all the applications work too – try right-clicking on them and having a poke around inside. DON’T change anything!!!)

Rachel

I have no idea what you are going on about.

…and I am a freakin’ mac genius 😉

davedodd
    Free Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice, but none of it’s working I’m afraid.
    I have a separate playlist in iTunes with the music in it, and with that playlist selected. I have the sd card in the Mac and it’s coming up as a no name drive, but if I highlight all the tracks and try and drag to it, it then just moves back to the itunes section without copying. Fine one album at a time however. Just weird.

IA

If you just want to sync a playlist with a SD card, try iTuneMyWalkman as I suggest above – handles doing it for you.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Must be a Mac thing. Works OK on my 9 year old PC 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iTunes help’ is closed to new replies.