Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • It's snowing AGAIN! Enough already!
  • thx1138
    Free Member

Here in central London. Where it never snows. Appears to be getting heavier too.

It’s **** April for **** sake. I’m fed up with winter. Begone! 😥

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

snow here in NW London !

thepurist

Yep, snow here too – I’m really struggling to drag myself out for a ride at the mo. I don’t usually have a problem with riding in the winter, don’t mind the mud & ice, but the prolonged grimness has just worn me down.

ononeorange

Snow here. Would love to get out for a ride but work gets in the way.

That’s the trains down for a month then on the basis of the snow excuse.

superfli
    Free Member

It was only a few years ago that we had a fair bit of snow in April – people seem to forget that. I remember the opening round of BSB at Brands being cancelled due to snow too, not sure if it was same year.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The April snow was April the 18th 2008.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

think the weather turns tomorrow.. fingers crossed else I’m going to design a big arse fan that sits above the UK and blow all the crap rain/snow clouds away

thepurist

Yeah maybe it snowed in April 2008 but at least it had warmed up in March before that so the snow was just a blip.

bland

At least the snow still doesnt look like this in london

thx1138
    Free Member

I’m going out this evening. A year ago, I would have cycled to South Ken, then enjoyed riding through central London late at night when it’s very quiet, and it would have been quite pleasant. But I just can’t face having to schlepp through the cold and wet when it’s like this. It’s ‘orrible.

And I can’t even get a refund. 😥

mintimperial

West Yorkshire had snow in April last year, hung around on the trails for a few days. Nice and sunny here now, but still flipping freezing and quite a lot of big drifts and ice about from the last ridiculous dump of snow still making things unpleasant on the tops.

I’ve definitely had enough of winter.

maxtorque

tuskaloosa
    I’m going to design a big arse fan that sits above the UK and blow all the crap rain/snow clouds away

Hold on a darngoneminute there boy, i think you might be onto something!

We’ve just filled half the northsea coast with windturbines right? And we have an excess generating capacity in our powerstations right? Well, put the switch over to “blow” and lets push all that cold arctic air back to where it came from! Make it so, No1…….. 😉

globalti
    Free Member

I was over in Pool, near Otley yesterday evening. There were roadies out in groups all around Wharfedale and climbers bouldering on that long hill that goes up from Otley. Clearly a bit of cold doesn’t bother those Yorkies.

thx1138
    Free Member

It’s not the cold so much that bothers me; it’s the unrelenting greyness and dampness that’s so depressing. I don’t mind cold yet bright weather; in fact I spent an extremely enjoyable afternoon on Hampstead Heath with my wife just a few weeks ago. But when you’ve got to pull on yet more layers and waterproofs again, when your body and soul is crying out for some warmth and sunlight, it’s just depressing.

MadBillMcMad

blue skies & sunshine in Bolton, Lancashire.

much as it has been for about 3 weeks, just a tad breezey & cold, but the trails & dry, fast & as good as they can get.

shotsaway
    Free Member

Snowing on the North Hampshire/Berkshire border as well.

willard

Yeah, snowing (barely) in Cambridgeshire too.

I’m getting sick of it now. Too cold, too windy. It’s stoping me getting on the allotment and planting stuff. At this rate, my soft fruit will be ruined.

geologist
    Free Member

Snowing in portsmouth 🙁 although I’m back home in Ludlow tomorrow 🙂

spacemonkey

Yep, snowing here in Surrey’s lush and verdant Hills too.

rossi46
    Free Member

I remember the opening round of BSB at Brands being cancelled due to snow too, not sure if it was same year.

Same here- i got as far as Tonbridge (from Hastings) and had to turn back as my visor was icing up and i couldn’t see. Great fun on the Honda though 😉

It’s the wind that’s killing it- yesterday i had to curse my way along in the middle ring at walking pace along a straight road just to keep forward momentum!
    I’m putting the bike away till it warms up- harumph!

johnellison
    Free Member

I’m going to design a big arse fan

Could you clarify please? Is that a “big-arse fan” (i.e. a very large fan) or a “big arse-fan” (i.e. a large fan for use on arses) or a “big arse fan” (i.e. a fan for use on large arses)??

brooess
    Free Member

Hmm. Looking forward to riding home from Paddington tonight!

mt
    Free Member

“unrelenting greyness and dampness”

It’s like that here all the time. It’s grim up north.

You can actually purchase a “Big Ass Fan” http://www.bigassfans.com

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Great to hear the southern nancy boys are fed up with weather normally only attributed to the West facing Pennine slopes at this time of the year.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘It's snowing AGAIN! Enough already!’ is closed to new replies.