Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • It's here, late but early. Orange 5 content.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Initially told it would be the end of July but because of a hold up with the forks it would then be the end of August. Picked it up yesterday (& no, it's not very heavy)

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I don't like the 5's in general Sorry, the ugliest bike out in my book! Just a re-badged Marin.

I really don't see what the hype is all about…..

Yeti 575 all the way!!

montylikesbeer

looks superb, I replaced mine yesterday after it being nicked by a toe rag scroat in Liverpool.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don't like the 5's in general Sorry, the ugliest bike out in my book! Just a re-badged Marin.

still couldn't resist a peek though eh? 😉

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

My opinion. I didn't mean to be rude against your new pride & joy but have to look at what people are wasting there hard earned cash on (in my opinion, which is correct 😉 ).

Like the forks tho!! 😉

Just get out and ride!!

Should of got one of these…

http://bestmountainbikesonline.com/yeti-575-mountain-bike-review/

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ah! The old,'I bought one so it must be the best' logic. 🙄

partyboy
    Free Member

Very nice, you will fit in with everyone else riding a 5 at the local trail centre.

foxyrider
    Free Member

MMM – lovely – I have an 09' and love it 🙂

roblerner
    Free Member

That is genuinely lovely. One of the nicest looking bikes I've seen in a while.

lcj

I don't look very good in green, and now you've made me not look very good. 😳

That's extremely nice – enjoy!

Even your bench and patio aren't in bad condition!

rs
    Free Member

wait a minute, the 575 is just a single pivot too isn't it, just a slightly more **** way of going about it, i'd rather have a five than a 575.

old_mtber
    Free Member

Re-badged Marin? I think Orange was there first. So why does Orange get such good reviews compared to Marin Mount Vision etc?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Very nice, you will fit in with everyone else riding a 5 at the local trail centre.
    WRONGG!. I don't 'do' trail centres (although I have 'done' G.T. Dably & Keidler)
    I might be the only one on a 5 around Torridon on Tuesday though.
    Enjoy your party boy. 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

orange cant be that bad with 10/10 reviews almost every year ! well mines still going strong 1 year down the line with no hairline cracks or problems with the paint etc… ruddy strong bikes they make in Halifax 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

mmmmmtasty

benji_allen
    Free Member

A bit jealous. Looks very nice. For a bike that's supposedly so common, I don't see all that many around.

orangefive
    Free Member

I love my 5, only thing i regret is not getting an Orange Orange!!

ivantate
    Free Member

Super nice

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

is that the pro essel

beagle
    Free Member

Its a great bike…fullstop

The new one looks great too. Hey, Essel's is even in my size!

Not owned an orange for 16 years and obviously never owned a 5 but wouldn't have any hesitation in doing so after a demo last year. I've ridden a fair few top end sussers and usually shy away from hype and make my own mind up – I thought it rode super.

Congrats!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Believe it or not I still haven't turned a pedal on it! On bliddy nights aren't I, & it takes 20 minutes to unlock it. & it rained today, not going out in that, it'll get mucky.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

is that the pro essel
    Kind of. Easton carbon bars & seatpost (which may or may not break at some point)Stans Crest rims (I'm not a complete nutter on rocky stuff)
    Bike Scene's scales said 26.71 lbs without pedals but how dead accurate they are is anyone's guess.
    Ofta work now, keep the comments (negative or whatever) coming in!

U31
    Free Member

montylikesbeer – Member

looks superb, I replaced mine yesterday after it being nicked by a toe rag scroat in Liverpool.

Explain?

Hadge
    Free Member

Very nice bike indeed. As for the 575 being the best I'm afraid that's not quite true. Having owned the 575, Intense 5.5 and 5 Spot (HL) and having ridden an Ibis Mojo SL for a while I'd stick by the Turner anyday – that's why I've had two. I sold my first for the 575 and bought another when I wanted a 5"+ travel bike. I've not ridden the 5 but I will one day but hope you enjoy yours.

jimification
    Free Member

I'm not usually that keen on white bikes but that is loverly 🙂

I've had my Sub 5 (early version of the 5) for 8 years now. Brilliant bikes!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Love it 😀

Naranjada
    Free Member

Very nice. It is the new 2011 tapered headtube chassis, isn't it?

Enjoy your new ride.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Ace bike, have to say though I really don't like the new swingarm graphics.

sailor74
    Free Member

the yeti looks good, if a bit spindley. The head angle is a bit steep for properly throwing it downhill as well.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Love it, I would choose the five over the yeti any day.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Lovely bike. The only thing I don't like is the 'Five' graphic on the swingarm, then again I ride a bike with RAMONES on the top tube in ludicrously big multicoloured writing so ignore me.

takisawa2

That is bloody lovely mate. Shame about the first post, what a cock. **** re-badged Marin FFS, obviously an "expert" on these things then.
    Enjoy.
    A 5 is the only bike I'd consider swapping my Ventana for.
    Lovely.

backhander
    Free Member

Just a re-badged Marin.

Who told you this, your mum? 🙄

benji_allen
    Free Member

575 looks like a rebadged 2007 Stumpjumper to me.

scotia
    Free Member

Whos_Daddy – Member

Yeti 575 all the way!!

nice thing to say about someones bike! (looks v good btw)

drain

Looks great, especially in the white – not something that can be said about that many bikes, imho.

It's taken me a while to 'get' the Orange thing, but they've grown on me and now I think they look the biz.

Still prefer my (black) SC Superlight though 😉 but then I am just a complete mincer on anything pointing downwards 😳

WillH

Patio needs weeding, the bench should be centred between the trellises and a quick run round with a broom wouldn't go amiss.

Bike looks great, btw, white looks good. I'd take razor blade to the swingarm logo though, lose the lines behind the word 'five'.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well thanks for all the comments! Just done my 1st 2 mile ride to make sure it goes (I'm on nights so can't go far) Pro-pedal/fork lockout seems to work great on a (short) honk up some tarmac & the suspension goes up & down on the bumps, all the gears work, the brakes need bedding in & the tyres go down quite quickly! (Stan's thingy wotsits)
    Love the bike, don't really mind the graphics, can't wait for our Scotchland trip on Monday.
    Patio needs weeding, the bench should be centred between the trellises and a quick run round with a broom wouldn't go amiss.
    Just waiting for a quote to have the whole lot ripped out & replaced, but I will make sure the bench is centralised next time, soz. 😀

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

As someone who couldn't be arsed with knowing the weight of the new 5 must say that's pretty damn impresive at 28lbs all in say with pedals and heavier alloy bars and post say.

Plus why go get a white coloured bike for frame like everyone else especially when it's meant to be ORANGE! 😉

Looking swish as a freshly machined NYC pimp. 😆

beb

very nice!! are they fox float 32 150's??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘It's here, late but early. Orange 5 content.’ is closed to new replies.