Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • It's here! – Funky new stove content
  • Bunnyhop

mcmoonter – you are one of the reasons I still stay on STW, as it’s not always the friendliest of places imo 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

I will have one when I build my own house … very nice. :mrgreen:

messiah
    Free Member

Nice :o)

elzorillo
    Free Member

Cant believe I still have mine lit and it’s nearly june! brrrr

One unfortunate effect of the stove popularity.. noticed loads of new gates going up around these parts as tree theft is now out of control.

Nice burner BTW

sweepy
    Free Member

Its my belief that tossing the caber originally developed as a way to get stolen logs over deer fences.

Works too 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Great looking woodburner – doesn’t really go with that surround though – you ‘re happy and that’s all that counts !!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

After a week or so we are smitten with it. The output is huge, we have rosy cheeks like Santa Claus, as a bonus it burns very little fuel.

We’ve had a old stove in our main hall. It’s efficiency is hopeless, so we are considering another new stove for there. We might go for another of these Dovre stoves, this time in the cheaper anthracite colour. A brief squint says the Firebell FB2 is a bit cheper with a bigger output. Does anyone have any experience with them. Are there any other modern looking high output (10 – 15 kw) stoves I should consider.

deus

I’ve got a tiny Firebelly FB0, fits nicely in a hole in the wall. Only 4kw so doesn’t need a firebrick/ extra ventilation. Very hypnotic when it’s going, doesn’t get the living room stupidly hot but in the winter it’s pleasant. Just need to use small logs as it’s not the biggest.

Just checked the Firebelly website, they’re now about twice the price i paid 4 years ago!

can stoke it up and take some photos if anyone wants (although it looks as though it’ll be a nice warm day)

globalti
    Free Member

They call that the Vintage 50?

What does the modern stove look like?

bedmaker

Cool! er…hot well you know what I mean.

wood surrounds cause me headaches every day. Ths is worth a read http://www.chimneycricket.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/pyrolysiscausesfires.pdf

The ‘main hall’ sounds like it may be a big old space. Just right for one of these

Scan

Morso also do some big modern ones. Not sure if they do as big as you want but it may be worth a look at Hwam, Harrie Leenders and Rais.

Bunnyhop

One unfortunate effect of the stove popularity.. noticed loads of new gates going up around these parts as tree theft is now out of control.

Elzorillo where do you live?
    Our neighbour keeps his wood pile outside at the front of the house, I’m sure it’s safe.

ourmaninthenorth

A brief squint says the Firebell FB2 is a bit cheper with a bigger output. Does anyone have any experience with them.

Going to arrange a fitting for a FB1 tomorrow. Hope to have it in next month. Will report back.

I went to the factory in Yorkshire (they’re handmade there). Nice bunch of people.

M6TTF
    Free Member

nevermind the stove and tractor, thats a mighty impressive driveway and house!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Hortus = posh

Our garden was was open to the public under the Jubilee Garden Scheme at the weekend.

We had a visit from , and an invitation to, the guys below. That’s what I call posh!

Bunnyhop

Is that Highgrove?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is that Highgrove?

No, the dude with the crown never showed.

It’s Balcarres House in Fife.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘It's here! – Funky new stove content’ is closed to new replies.