Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • It's Friday – here's the hopefully non-mysoginistic intelligent and articulate
  • billybob
    Free Member

Dr. Alice Roberts. I for one would love a conversation with her…

DrJ

Gertrude Stein

partypants
    Free Member

Victoria Coren,
    I don’t drink much. I wouldn’t care if I never drank again. I find drunk people annoying and dull. And they decrease my life expectancy, if only statistically. If alcohol were banned from public places tomorrow, it would be pure gain for me. But I don’t want alcohol banned, because I don’t think my personal gain is more important than civil liberty.
    My life would also be better if we banned iPhones, small dogs, insurance adverts, boring conversations, the unexpected addition of chopped peppers to tuna sandwiches, “funny” T-shirts, that weird dusty stuff they put inside Jiffy bags that goes all over you if you open them the wrong way, teabags served next to a cup of hot water when you’ve paid £2 for a “cup of tea”, short people carrying umbrellas at lethal eye-height, Top Gear, unnecessarily large paperbacks that won’t fit in a pocket, spitting, being copied into EVERY SINGLE REPLY to a mass email from an indiscriminate friend, skateboarding and coriander.
    But actually, my life wouldn’t be better, because I’d have swapped a series of regular annoyances for massive state repression.
    You might say those things won’t kill me. But you’ve never monitored my blood pressure while watching Top Gear. Anyway, me smoking outside Giraffe won’t kill you either.

ononeorange

Billybob and Partypants, I couldn’t agree more.

MrNutt
    Free Member

she doesn’t like skateboarding and coriander? well theirs no room for her in my book club!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

PBCOBE, god-like genius

(on the right by the way)

Kunstler

That picture of Gertrude Stein looks remarkably like Jonanthan Price if he were playing Caeser. Laurel wreath is missing though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEnST_vJiE[/video]

Victoria Coren’s a right barrel of laughs isn’t she? 😐

D0NK

But actually, my life wouldn’t be better, because I’d have swapped a series of regular annoyances for massive state repression.

Dunno, she sounds pretty levelheaded (and funny) to me.

poppa
    Free Member

Don’t know much about her, but I don’t think she likes mothers much either.

A bit before my time, but Joyce Grenfell.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m 80% sure that I went to the same primary school as Dr Alice Roberts.. In fact I was good mates with her older brother..

there’s a small chance that it might have been a different Alice Roberts though…

Mr Nice – Howard Marks. Whatever your views on him, he’s very articulate, I’d imagine pretty intelligent and he tells a damn good story….

bigyinn
    Free Member

What a pretty plant mr marks is holding…..

Cougar

ourkidsam – I’ve got that calendar, bought it for my OH for Christmas.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Someone linked it to me yesterday. I’d like one. Though what Jonathon Ross is doing in there is beyond me

iDave
    Free Member

Nassim Taleb, scourge of Stoner economic forecasters 😉

And jolly interesting chap

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with Virgina Woolf.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m impressed, a totty thread can’t get much more high brow than this!

alexpalacefan

Dr Alice Roberts on a bike. Drools 🙂

APF

Lifer
    Free Member

wwaswas

that last one’s the baddie out of Harry Potter, isn’t it?

Lifer
    Free Member

Harry what?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dieter Rams

“Less, but better”

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Germaine Greer, i didn’t even use the one that appeared in Suck magazine

Princess Anne

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If I could add images on my iPhone I would add; Roland Barthes & Dr Linda Papadopolous.

Lifer
    Free Member

Good and relevant shout on Papadopoulos

headfirst
    Free Member

Cor blimey, has Princess Anne had some work done recently?

+1 for Victoria Coren, would love to play poker with her (with somebody else’s money).

julianwilson
    Free Member

and
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FkfZjIVDzTA#t=225s[/video]
    Skip to the bit at 3mins 50 for my favourite rockumentary moment ever. 😀

I don’t think I could be held responsible for my actions if I was forced into a locked room with Germaine Greer.

She ought to come on here for a chat – that would be interesting.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like her, even if her views are a little old fashioned now.

Lifer
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I don’t think I could be held responsible for my actions if I was forced into a locked room with Germaine Greer.

Why?

CaptJon
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

I never found her that attractive personally.

She irks me, as do most all feminists.

A broad generalisation I know, but I’ll take back my earlier comments about what I’d do to her in a locked room – I just know she’d piss me off though.

I’d wager she wouldn’t like me very much either and on a level of articulation, would probably tie me in knots. Best we don’t meet eh?

pealy
    Free Member

Only one question, why such a big hat? Compensating for something, eh Abe?

derek_starship
    Free Member

pealy – that’s a funnel. Lincoln was powered by steam.

poppa
    Free Member

I thought he used it to smuggle chickens.

wwaswas

to smuggle chickens

is that a euphamism?

jimmy

I was with her until the unexpected addition of chopped peppers to tuna sandwiches.

It makes a tuna sandwich.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘It's Friday – here's the hopefully non-mysoginistic intelligent and articulate’ is closed to new replies.