Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • it's boxing day so i make it ride o'clock
  • jedi

i’m off to herts for a ride, the woodwork is all dry and we have been unable to ride it for weeks due to damp. woop woop!
    anyone else riding any where? 🙂

Vortexracing

Out this Avo, need to try my new 1 x 10 set up on the Soul out.

need to work yesterdays beer/food/sweets/Whiskey off.

So I may be out some time 😉

organic355
    Free Member

its defo not riding weather today here in Tayside!!! Really strong winds again and horizontal rain.

Taff
    Free Member

Went to the next sale this morning. Was using it as an excuse to get some early morning riding in. Would’ve worked too if I hadn’t rested my eyes when I got back. Still will go out at some point, just don’t know whether to go road or mtb

metalheart
    Free Member

I was out yesterday. It wasn’t a lot of fun really…
    Bit bloody blowy further north of organic. Still blowy today.
    Might try and nip to the local woods tomorrow and try out a couple of things to see I can them to work…

bigG
    Free Member

Been out for a spin round. Very windy Carron Valley.

Home now to knock together something from yesterday’s scraps and spend the afternoon in my daughters new ballpit

soobalias
    Free Member

got a list of chores that needs eroding somewhat, might get out for a night ride tonight if im lucky

sofatester
    Free Member

Just back from a few hours chasing a sub 20min 10mile tester round the lanes of the Shire. All good fun in a sadistic kind of way!

matt303uk

Been out for a quick shakedown ride on the bike I finished putting together on Christmas day.

First ride on 456. by matt303uk, on Flickr

Very very happy with how it rides, hope the wind drops for a ride near Bakewell I’ve organised later in the week.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Been out on harden moor. Bit boggy, but good to stretch the legs. Really mild.roots are lethal at the moment.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Just back from a local 20 mile loop, loads of walkers out and about:

Klunk
    Free Member

silly mild weather out today, thin socks and fingerless gloves again 😕

closetroadie
    Free Member

Just been round Jenkyn Crag. Not that busy with walkers up there but Hayes garden centre car park was full.
    Pretty warm for this time of year, felt like it was in double figures.

gusamc
    Free Member

just done a shortened local loop, not as muddy as expected till the Thames path(wattle and daub mode – mixed grass/leaves/twigs sticking all over the lace and powersiding at 2mph… ho hum) , after that shortening applied, not too windy and missed the rain, quite few walkers, few deers and birds, and now a cosy glow of satisfacion – or alchohol as you call it ….

Northwind

Just been out for some short loops to test all my bikes out after lots of spannering… And y’know what, it was horrible :mrgreen:

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That’s it, rub it in……sitting here with a herbert screw freshly installed, it’s gonna be late march before I can even think about sitting on a bicycle………

Hope your all enjoying yourselves (oh no I’m not jealous :D) and mind the bloody trees, especially the Stanmer tree of doom.

BigJohn

A rather pleasant 90 minutes to burn off the evil insulin-producing things I ate yesterday. I relaxed, having earlier in the week cracked my 85kg target I set myself in May, and felt rather disgusted with myself, which, I suppose is what Christmas is all about.

Anyhoo, a gentle ride out from home finishing with the 5 successive sharp climbs that I took out of the saddle meant that the pint of Doom Bar in the Railway tasted particularly good.

Then I came home and pigged out again.

Same again tomorrow then.

flashes
    Free Member

Yep, Pugsley on the newly opened Leigh Woods trails. The skills section was “interesting” but over all a really good laugh, I may do the same tomorrow………..

Muddy ride around the south downs which was ok but having a slipping seat post, snapped chain and the final insult of a puncture took the shine off it slightly 🙁

mojodave
    Free Member

Conditions in East Kent were pretty good – just watch out for Elephants roaming wild!

jedi

i just got back from a great ride at herts. all the singletrack lines are running sweet and it was awesome to ride the woodwork again 🙂 🙂

souldrummer
    Free Member

Just over two and a half hours on the North Downs. Pretty muddy, and not helped by many of the tracks being badly carved up by horses. Seems the the other half of Surrey who weren’t at the sales were out walking; some were really nice, others rude and obstructive. Very odd!!

Alex

FoD Blue with Jess – Boxing Day by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Lap of the FoD blue with my eleven year old testing out here new shoes and pedals. Tad muddy but that’s a well built trail.

We had a blast 🙂 Boys ride to the black mountains tomorrow.

I wish people would stop posting pics of those C456s…..

Vortexracing

Just got back from a 50 minute local one round the Village, mudy as heel, but really warm.

Didn’t burn enough calories though to make up for yesterday, and Mrs V is just making the same for tonights tea 🙁

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Raced cx in Southampton this afternoon.
    Considering how ill i felt yesterday and the amount of chocolate i consumed, i was happy to finish not last and not to puke up. 😀
    Conditions were slippery and boggy in equal measures, Nice!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

A nice local loop of about 22 miles on the road bike to give the legs a bit of a wake up. Very windy so tough going at times on the singlespeed! Great to get out though.

Klunk
    Free Member

the hilite of todays ride was the red kite showing off in the wind at zero feet across a grassy hill side, never got more than ten feet off the ground never needed to flap it wings, covered most of the field in about a minute. mesmerizing 😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

Fantabulous day for a ride!

Just back from 4 hours on the road bike – was meant to be only 2 hrs but I was enjoying myself too much to want to go home so just kept on riding.

Blue skies, sunshine, and rather windy! A ride of castles and country lanes, sea cliffs and buzzards … and getting blown off my bike as I rounded the headland of the Great Orme.

Feels good to be alive 🙂

pennine
    Free Member

Only two turned up this morning on one of my local loops – Baildon West Yorkshire.

mattjg
    Free Member

Solo up Wolverns Lane to Leith Hill, back to Wotton via Windy Willows and Wild Wood, down to Wotton Church, into lower Westcott and home via the chicken farm and Nower.

Lots of duffel coats at the tower, I saw almost no bikes at all, presumably all swarming around the Peaslake honeypot. Suckers.

br
    Free Member

Chilterns for us, muddy but cracking weather almost spring like 🙂

But never seen so many walkers out though, no problems whatsoever on the many ‘cheeky’ trails – all in the Christmas spirit.

DaveRambo

Lovely 20 mile loop in the Warwickshire mud this morning.
    It was rather warm and exactly what I needed after a long old tiring day y’day.

Going to try and get out every day over the next week – let’s see how it goes

Klunk
    Free Member

anyone else get cramp early on in their ride today ?

konadad
    Free Member

[/url]
    2011-12-26 11.41.48 by konadad, on Flickr[/img]

bit of sun over Manchester from peel tower. feel better for some fresh air

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘it's boxing day so i make it ride o'clock’ is closed to new replies.