Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • It's all getting Christmassy!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Two Christmas planning threads on here and I’ve just had my first Cadbury’s Roses of the season!

🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

My wife’s aunt put her tree up at the weekend. If I have my way we won’t be putting one up this year!

jekkyl

f christmas up it’s stupid f’ing arse. 😀 humbug

warton
    Free Member

bring it on! love it!

is it too early for Michael Buble’s Christmas album? I don’t think so!!!

mogrim

Just one of those little things I miss about not living in England, Cliff at Christmas:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUH6ZTS8Zgk[/video]

IHN

I’ve just listened to Fairytale of New York for the first time this season 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

is it too early for Michael Buble’s Christmas album?

It’s always too early for Michael Buble 😉

ART

moly … look, look what you’ve gone and done ….

*plants fingers firmly in ears* 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Hah bumhug!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Bah bloody humbug – Ill get in the mood come 1st December, not a day before!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I can’t really get into the Christmas spirit until the wall-to-wall discounted sofa’s adverts are rolling …

molgrips
    Free Member

How long before someone reports this thread? 🙂

andytherocketeer

Still weeks to go, and 2 ski trips before even thinking about it.

Colleague has been whistling christmas carols and winter wonderland at work all day since last week.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Normally love it, but the Barnsley’s are off to the states on the 16th of December, and won’t be back until Christmas Eve, so. I’ve got something else to get excited / stressed about this year 😀

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I was wondering how long it would be before the ‘C’ word started being used on STW. I really don’t like the festive season for a host of reasons. Roll on the 26th December when all of this nonsense will be done with.

A cheery ‘Bah Humbug’ and all that to all those who have a similar dislike of Christmas. We’re all in this together 🙁

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Amen bro! A galloping pox upon all things yuletide!

JoeG
    Free Member

crikey
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

molgrips, how can you put threads up like this and then complain when I disagree with you?

It’s BLOODY NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 😆

crikey
    Free Member

🙂

crispo
    Free Member

I love christmas, more than a 25 year old man should. 😆

But not until 1st December!!! 👿

cinnamon_girl

Not round ‘ere it ain’t and ain’t gonna be either. 8)

Love Christmas, it makes me happy – I do agree, not until December though.

It gives me a slightly warm feeling too, reading posts from the miserable sods on here who can’t stand it. I’m sure they are happy with their lot, but knowing how much my family and I enjoy it, I can’t help feeling they are missing something.

crikey
    Free Member

I like Christmas.

So much so that I will be sharing mine with 8 patients, 7 other nurses and a variety of doctors, all of whom would much rather be elsewhere…

Hey ho.

molgrips
    Free Member

Every time this conversation comes around I’m amazed how much it resembles Dickens’ Christmas Carol from 150-whatever years ago.

I love being reminded of how little people have changed over so many years 🙂

Blackhound

Was in London Town with Mrs B at the weekend and I mentioned how much less Christmassy stuff was about in John Lewis, Selfridges, Debenhams & BHS. Was pondering on if there was a change in the air.
    Would like even less though….

crikey
    Free Member

“Christmas is a poor excuse every 25th of December to pick a man’s pockets.”

I’m looking at you, John Lewis….

molgrips
    Free Member

Picking pockets is where someone takes your money involuntarily.

At Christmas, we willingly spend it on having a good time.

There is a difference 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

f christmas up it’s stupid f’ing arse. humbug

I agree 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

NOVEMBER – as it NO it’s not time for Christmas

bikebouy
    Free Member

B’aint bout prezzies, nope like it’s b’out families n hugs for those you luv, n thinkin stuff b’out folks who ain’t got wot u as got.

May I be the very first to wish you all a very merry and humble holiday period not celebrated by all religions around this lump of rock we call home.

“Ugs”

N

“Kizzes”

Coyote
    Free Member

So much so that I will be sharing mine with 8 patients, 7 other nurses and a variety of doctors, all of whom would much ratherbeelsewhere..[/s]

Full of win!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Duggan

I like Christmas but it should be banned until at least after December 1st, annoys me that it seems like most shops and commercial organisations are intent on ruining it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ll be sharing xmas with 50 whinging prisoners, some of which may be pissed up on hooch & cause grief, & all of which will moan about the food. 🙄

Even if I was off I still wouldn’t be arsed about xmas.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

This will be the first Christmas without me dear old Mum – she died in May – so I’m not, exactly, looking forward to it, on a number of levels.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve noticed a reduction in the x**s tat as well. Thankfully, inflatable snowmen, Santa Stop Here signs, and life sized, LED lawn reindeer are no longer to be found.

molgrips
    Free Member

Toxicsocks – sad 🙁

As for Christmas tat – I’ve not been into town in ages, so I haven’t seen much if any premature Christmastication. Maybe I’m ignoring/avoiding the TV ads more easily or maybe it really isn’t as bad this year.

theotherjonv

I’m in the us currently, dropped into the mall to see if they had an Apple shop and was confronted by a giant tree, display of sparkly reindeer and Santa Claus in his grotto already.

And a number of houses have christmas lights up.

Kentucky, fwiw

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘It's all getting Christmassy!’ is closed to new replies.