Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • It'll T-Cut out, no worries.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Looking for a new car and found this. How on earth has this happened? I wouldn’t have liked to have been inside at the time…

More pics here.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I once binned a Fiesta XR2 and it looked something like that afterwards. As I fell* out and looked at the remains I honestly thought ‘I might be able to T-Cut that out. Every single body panel had been damaged as it flipped on to its roof and slid down the road (starting speed some 80mph+) :-O

The police who attended said they assumed the driver would be dead/seriously injured – but all I had was a tiny cut on my finger from when I crawled out over the broken glass. I guess it wasn’t my time.

*It came to rest upsidedown so when I undid the seatbelt I hit the roof 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

[complicated science] See all the damged bits they hit something solid quite hard [/complicated science]
    HTH

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky might be onto something… I’m going to say front flip.

donsimon
    Free Member

Too complicated, some of those words have more than one slabyy syllabub silla syllable…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BTW – I did mine by swerving to avoid a rabbit in the road, lost control (entirely my fault as I was going waaaaaay too fast) and it started to tail slap (somehow in a small FWD car). I ALMOST had it back under control when the offside back wheel hit the verge on the wrong side of the road and flipped it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

m_f rule #1 of winning at roadkill… hit the bunny!

donsimon
    Free Member

My old man did a similar thing on the M62 in an XR2i. Hit the central reservation, span it several times, managed not to hit any other cars, crossed all carriageways, flipped it before landing on the grass verge. Thankfully he was pissed and walked away without any injuries, the thought of him being sober and the potential consequences doesn’t bear thinking about.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

To be honest that sort of damage could be caused by running into me – I am fat.

jools182
    Free Member

I did it to Mk1 Golf GTI once, every panel except the boot

it’s an unusual sensation sliding down the road on your roof

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

m_f rule #1 of winning at roadkill… hit the bunny!

You wouldn’t believe how many times I have been told that since. 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

airbag has not deployed.

Rolled my mum’s citroen zx when I was 17. Fat to fast, lift off oversteer, sideways down a country road then clipped the verge and into the air I went, walked out of it without a scratch, dog was a bit shaken up, police couln’t understand how we survived as the roof was almost flat.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I once binned a Fiesta XR2

And me. Rolled it and endended up on the other side of a dual carrage way. Carnage. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And I did it in a place called Harewood. I got sooooooooo many jokes at the pub I worked at about that one.

Got a Nova SR with the insurance money – god that was a shit car.

beinbhan

One of those big foot trucks drove over it 😀

Lummox

Reckon it’s a rear end of a lorry, loads of damage above mid line, also looks like the vehicle was rear ended too, usually lorries have under run bars to prevent this, but there are exceptions like some drop tail designs.

Seen a few like that

Just my 2 p

TheFlyingOx

Hehe. My old MR2 ended up like that, and all that happened was me going off the road backwards (no surprise there) and down a ditch into some trees. The massive deceleration as I wedged between two of the trees crumpled every single body panel on the car, and I didn’t even technically hit anything.

It didn’t T-Cut out, sadly.

duntmatter
    Free Member

You should all drive more slowly!

cynic-al
    Free Member

this concerns moi.

Do modern soft tops have roll cage strength A pillars?

Drac

Yup just a roll very common in many cars and 9/10 hardly a scratch in modern cars to the occupants. Go back 10+ years and a different all together 15+ and your talking nearly always severe to fatal.

toby1

Yeah, that has gone into the back of something large and stationary, hence the flip up and crunch, plus it’s then been rear ended.

I flipped an Uno onto the roof, 3 people in the car no one wearing a seatbelt and the worst injury was me having some cubes of glass in my head – less than I deserved. God was indeed shinning on me that night and I’ve been far less of a tool behind the wheel ever since! On looking at it, I thought t-cut might be a little out of it’s league.

donsimon
    Free Member

?????????????

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PMhy1Cu5k0[/video]

here you, mystery solved

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘It'll T-Cut out, no worries.’ is closed to new replies.