• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • It'll Be Alright in the 70s! (ch 4 now)
  • DezB
    Free Member

Wow, I was there, but this programme is a right eye-opener! Amazing.

I’d recommend catching it on the chan 4 web player thing, if you’ve missed it.

cinnamon_girl

Any decent chooooons?

piemonster

Well that was an eye opener.

Yes, worth watching.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

All these years and I’ve only just realised Windy Miller was a pisshead

cinnamon_girl

Has it been on before?

rob2
    Free Member

I thought david baddiel’s comment at the end was very interesting. Makes you realise how some of the stuff that happened was ‘allowed’ to happen

DezB
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Has it been on before?

No, it’s a new series. I think the title is a bit misleading. Quite an intelligent look at how different attitudes meant sexism, racism and er, paedos! were strangely accepted on TV in the 70s.

cinnamon_girl

OK, thanks Dez. Wondered whether it was a repeat of the series presented by Dominic Sandbrook.

bruneep

ha ha ha windy getting pissed

DezB
    Free Member

The smoking stuff was pretty amazing too. Thunderbirds puppets with smoke all around them!

cardo

We were laughing at Windy too… and Ted Rogers hair 😀

andymac
    Free Member

It wasn’t just in the 70s. Just watched the first episode of Johnathon Creek from the late 90s (abuse incoming). The ‘goodish’ journalist Caroline Quentin is blatantly phone hacking!

bloodynora
    Free Member

Holidays at Pontins in the 70s you were either in Embassy or Castella house depending where your chalet was. Me and my cousin won the table tennis U15s doubles tournament one year and the trophy had a big Castella logo on it presented by one of their reps.

DezB
    Free Member

Ep 1 repeated at 11pm on ch4 tonight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘It'll Be Alright in the 70s! (ch 4 now)’ is closed to new replies.