Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ITExperts to the forum please – Router help req'd
  • sturdylad
    Free Member

Experts of the hive..

I currently have a BT infinity router and I can’t seem to find a way to connect a hard drive to it so that I can access the files remotely.

I also have an older EE router that I could use to connect the hard drive, in fact I had this working nicely prior to upgrading to BT infinity.

So the million dollar question, can I somehow use the EE router to regain my wireless access to my hard drive?

Hope that makes a bit of sense…

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

What home hub is it? a 4 or 5? Either way it should work, once plugged in you may have to wait a while for it to work

Have a look on the BT help page.

EDIT: This one:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43708/~/can-i-connect-a-usb-drive-to-the-usb-socket-on-my-bt-home-hub%3F

IA

How remote? Inside the network: HH will do it.

Outside the network: suspect you were relying on some EE service, not necessarily their router.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Oh and was the EE modem VDSL or ADSL?

If you have an open reach modem stuck to the wall it means you can do anything you want as you’re just using a modem. If the Home Hub is the only unit you have, and you only had EE ADSL I doubt you could make it work without some jiggery pokery

sturdylad
    Free Member

Thanks, just looking at the very easy sounding solution from their website, thanks for the link.

Update soon!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s the simeat solutions!

Plugged in and it just works. I did try that when we first got it a couple of years ago and it didn’t seem to work. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough or something.

Anyway STW saves the day.

Thanks all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ITExperts to the forum please – Router help req'd’ is closed to new replies.